1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

gibson ripper studio?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tbird99, Jul 15, 2012.

1. tbird99

tbird99

Jun 29, 2012
    Dalton, Ga
    I'm thinking about buying a 76 ripper (ebony) online , its $600 for this auction i, instead of saying the ripper on the truss rod cover it says studio but I've never heard of a studio ripper is this a good price and should I wait until the very last minute to place my bid so the other bidders don't notice , the seller says mint condition , the from and headstock look perfect but he has no pics of the back , Includedis the ohsc and strap (don't know what original strap means unless they came with the package new) is this a good deal , it says no returns on it so Im nervous I've never bought anything over $40 on the web and I think no returns is bad , also the seller has 0% feedback cause this is the first item he sold should I take the risk of it having a beat up back i, it does have ebay buyer protection though , about the truss rod cover as I said I've never seen a studio so is this after market or am i just dumb and also couldn't I replace it with one that says the ripper. I do love Gibson basses and an old ripper is on my to get list right after a grabber but for the price I think its great

2. Tanner5382

Tanner5382

Sep 26, 2010
    Canton, GA
    Someone just switched the truss rod cover. There's no such thing as a Ripper studio. I saw that Ripper on ebay. $600 is a good price but with 4 days left, it's bound to go up, unfortunately.

3. tbird99

tbird99

Jun 29, 2012
    Dalton, Ga
    I hope not man I plan on waiting until like 30 mins before its up to bid so the other bidders don't have time to react