1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gibson SG Reissue 4-String Bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AcousticBass, Sep 14, 2005.

1. AcousticBass

AcousticBass

May 28, 2005
    hey i just seen the Gibson SG Reissue 4-String Bass on musicansfriend it look sweet and i guess its good for playing fast which i consider one of my things, plus the looks are sweeet, does anyone know any info on these babies? what about the Gibson EBO is that better? do thesse basses have a muddy sound? is the Gibson SG Reissue 4-String Bass worth $999?

2. AcousticBass

AcousticBass

May 28, 2005
    anyone have any info on this bass? anyone play a gibson ebo or anything like a sg?

3. AGCurry

AGCurry

Jun 29, 2005
    Kansas City
    My first real bass was an EB-0. I thought it was cool at the time (36 years ago), but I think that's because it was my first bass...

I've also owned and played an EB-2.

Don't know about the SG bass. But if it's like an EB-0, my opinion is that $999 is a lot more than it's worth.

4. bad_andy

bad_andy

Sep 21, 2005
    Omaha, NE
    I had an EB-0 for a while that I loved and had restored, before having to sell it. With a new set of strings and some TLC it was a fun bass to play, but I wouldn't use it as a main axe... unless I was touring in a Cream cover band. :smug: Now if the new one has modern electronics, I'd love to test drive it.

5. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I would love to see Gibson making again those Grabber/G3/Ripper basses !!!!

6. I heard that the Sg reissue sounds nothing like a EB-O. It supposed to be Much clearer and not muddy at all. Those pickups are thunderbird pickups in EB-3 clothing, so they arent the Sidewinder or "mudbucker" design which equals clearer tone.