Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gibson SG Reissue 4-String Bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AcousticBass, Sep 14, 2005.

1. AcousticBass

AcousticBass

May 28, 2005
    hey i just seen the Gibson SG Reissue 4-String Bass on musicansfriend it look sweet and i guess its good for playing fast which i consider one of my things, plus the looks are sweeet, does anyone know any info on these babies? what about the Gibson EBO is that better? do thesse basses have a muddy sound? is the Gibson SG Reissue 4-String Bass worth $999?

2. AcousticBass

AcousticBass

May 28, 2005
    anyone have any info on this bass? anyone play a gibson ebo or anything like a sg?

3. AGCurry

AGCurry

Jun 29, 2005
    Kansas City
    My first real bass was an EB-0. I thought it was cool at the time (36 years ago), but I think that's because it was my first bass...

I've also owned and played an EB-2.

Don't know about the SG bass. But if it's like an EB-0, my opinion is that $999 is a lot more than it's worth.

4. bad_andy

bad_andy

Sep 21, 2005
    Omaha, NE
    I had an EB-0 for a while that I loved and had restored, before having to sell it. With a new set of strings and some TLC it was a fun bass to play, but I wouldn't use it as a main axe... unless I was touring in a Cream cover band. :smug: Now if the new one has modern electronics, I'd love to test drive it.

5. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I would love to see Gibson making again those Grabber/G3/Ripper basses !!!!

6. I heard that the Sg reissue sounds nothing like a EB-O. It supposed to be Much clearer and not muddy at all. Those pickups are thunderbird pickups in EB-3 clothing, so they arent the Sidewinder or "mudbucker" design which equals clearer tone.