Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gibson SG-Z?????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nubassplayer, Mar 29, 2001.

1. nubassplayer

nubassplayer

Mar 26, 2001
    Indiana
    I just saw the Gibson SG-Z. It looked awesome. Has anyone played one? My local music store doesn't carry them. So I don't have the luxury of being able to play one. If anyone has played one please give me all the input possible. Thanx!

Superman

2. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    wouldn't that be a better question for a guitar forum?

or am i missing the bass version of this model?

fred

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Well, this IS a bass, right?

[​IMG]

4. nubassplayer

nubassplayer

Mar 26, 2001
    Indiana
    That's the one. Is it any good?? It looks awesome. But that's just my opinion.

5. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    indeed it is.

didn't see it at first scan of the gibson web site.

fred

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I've played alot of ZGibson basses including this one & I have one thing to say.

Gibson should stick to making guitars only!!!!

7. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I'd really like to try one of these. The Dude explained to me that this is a long scale bass, using the "good" T-bird style pickups. For my money (and it would be about $1200), I'll bet it sounds great, and doesn't have the frailties of the Thunderbird.

8. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    gibson basses are not so used as fender only because they were much more expensive than fender. thunderbird, eb2 are the only gibson i have tried and they are both GREAT. i'd buy a thunderbird if i could affrod another usa bass.

9. I've tried the SG-Z Bass, it was well set up and played really well, I loved the sound and feel ( of course I loved the look and could dream of being as good as Jack Bruce ). But, it was unbalanced, the neck has to be held all of the time otherwise it would follow gravity, to the ground, that's the only gripe. It was played through a trace elliot combo.

btw, I chose an American Jazz instead, in my opinion it blows thew Gibson away.

Stu