1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Gibson "The Grabber" + OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bretsvette, Jun 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bretsvette

bretsvette

Jun 10, 2010
    Central Il
    Up for sale is a very cool, very vintage Gibson Grabber. Headstock serial # indicates it is from 1977.

This thing sounds absolutely fantastic. I'd keep it as a regular player, but the body is too fat for my taste. There are couple cosmetic blemishes as shown by the pictures, but the neck is straight and it plays beautifully. There's some paint wear and greyish hand oil/sweat stains around the 5th fret on the neck and where the player's right hand rested on the body. The marks on the neck are a bit darker than the pictures indicate. There's a screw hole in the back of the neck where the original strap-lock was screwed in (I'd be happy to fill it prior to sale if you'd prefer).

The pickups are Dimarzio Model G humbuckers. The pickup still slides, but you have to take off the pick-guard to slide in back and forth.. I've ordered NOS replacement Gibson knobs for it so feel free to ignore the missing knob in the picture.

Tglkjh.

[​IMG]

QpiHuh.

kZOXxh.

mqrKOh.

DD12gh.

LTps7h.

wAlyyh.

74MAgh.

LN4okh.

if9Bah.

Asking for $700 shipped. Willing to entertain some trade offers (Mesa walkabout scout 12" combo, cash + 12" 8ohm cab, interesting 4-string basses) Thanks!

2. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Ampeg , GHS
    These are fun to play.....snarly tone!!

3. bretsvette

bretsvette

Jun 10, 2010
    Central Il
    Have one interested buyer, might be sold pending payment. All pms replied.

4. bretsvette

bretsvette

Jun 10, 2010
    Central Il
    Bump. First $700 in my paypal takes it.

5. Payment Sent!

6. bretsvette

bretsvette

Jun 10, 2010
    Central Il
    and sold to StreetScenes. Thanks!

Thread Status: