Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gibson Thunderbird Bass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fusion, Jul 30, 2001.

1. Just got a brand new Gibson Thunderbird bass today. It is awesome!!!!! I think Thunderbirds get a bad rap for being heavy and unbalanced, but they actually are not and the necks are awesome, kinda like a jazz bass. And it does Thunder!!!!!! I was so excited, I just had to tell somebody.

2. Bassr64

Bassr64

Feb 9, 2001
    N.E.Tx
    New gear is always great.
    Welcome to Talkbass

3. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    hi fusion!!!
    GREat fot you!! i have a thunderbird too and ilove it!!! it's a great and underrated bass, i love the sound and the feel and i invite you to see the past thread titled here comes the thunderbird. you'll find there a lot of info about this wonderful bass

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=22075

enjoy!!

4. Hey welcome to TB fusion from yet another T-Bird lover.

Whats up with all the Thunderbird Threads lately?

Is Feildy or Geddy playing one now?

5. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    nice shot man!

people are more and more influenced by stupid endorsment! you're right some brand made a fortune on that and others not.

6. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Congrats on the T-bird. I've had a few over the years, and I love the sound.

7. bassheavy

bassheavy banned

out of all my many basses, by far the one i playt the most is my Thunderbird.

Best sounding, coolest looking.

It is def. my number one fatty. my main axe as it were.

8. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    :) congrats man :)

9. Truly delicious! Congrats, man. It seems that Gibson basses, new or vintage are starting to get the respect they've deserved for years. Go Thunderbirds.

Mike J.

10. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    in italy there is a motto that sounds like
    ...better late than never!