1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Gibson thunderbird/blackbird 925$ shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by A-Step-Towards, May 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here is a 2001 Nikki sixx back bird, a thunderbird but his signature model.

It has iron cross inlays , is flat black , clear pickguard.

Bass comes with dunlop straplocks and a strap.

I am only selling this because of some issues my fiance is having , she is more important then a piece of wood to me so off this goes, i got it for a great price and am trying to pass that along, locals will get it for 850$ cash.

The bass is worn. No cracks, no previous repairs or anything like that. Just heavily played for 10 years and this finish is like that on a highway one finish. No serious dings or dents , mostly the finish being worn from skin contact and it looks like a belt buckle on that back. I was going to have marty bell refinish it , I believe for this would be about 400$ but I like the worn look and the fact its legit

It sound great . The original case has some tolex wear but is solid.

I just rather have a regular thunderbird then a sig, i could trade for one of those in decent shape.

Its going to need a setup tho, my town has no where to get that done and a t bird is something i dont trust myself working on due to neck thru, it just has some fretbuzz going on

012-18.

017-8.

016-8.

015-8.

014-10.

013-12.

011-16.

010-18.

009-21.

Above and between pickups, previous owners thumb rested there and wore the paint

008-24.

006-25.

005-30.

925$ shipped , money order only at this time , or someother way fee from fee's

2. ColtBass96

ColtBass96

Mar 14, 2010
    Austin
    ohh so tempting!

3. I forgot to take photos of its hardshell , if needed i will its pretty solid just some tolex tears and the shroud part with the bird on it that drapes over the bass was removed and i dont have it.

again if anyone needs the photos of it i will get them

4. Unclejackrock

Unclejackrock Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2006
    PM sent...

5. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Whats that thing behind the bridge?

6. opti grab , its stock on these. Nikki perfers it has a place for him to anchor his pinky on , i used it a bit but found it limits my abilities , I was going to take it off and have a metal worker friend make a beer bottle opener that would be a direct fit :D

7. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Looks a little beat, but a bird for under a k is hard to beat.

8. its pretty worn :)

I am dropping the price to 925$ shipped anywhere in the US , a better deal for east coast guys , west coast same price :p

9. TTT

I keep wanting to darkstar this , save my wallet :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.