Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gibson ThunderBird IV pups.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by popinfresh, Apr 16, 2005.

1. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Hey guys, I don't have enough time to search around, so calling in a favour (Not on my computer).
    I'm building a thunderbird style bass in woodwork this semester as I like the growly tone they get, just wondering if the 'buckers in the gibson ones are easy to find? And how much do they go for a set?

Cheers.. I'l check back in the week sometime at school.

2. I know that Bartolini makes Thunderbird-style p/us. Also check out EMG.

3. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Hmmm, maybe. But i'm actually looking for the gibson ones. Also, anyone know the size of them?

4. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Bump.

I've redesigned the T-Bird a bit. It's actually got a neck to MM Sterling specs. What pickups should I put in it? It's most likely going to be fretless.. I want something really warm and growly. If it's not fretless, I still want a nice growl in the tone, pretty heavy growl too. Barts be the way? What pickup should I put in? One or two? Active or passive?

The body is going to be Mahogany.. Neck of Mahogany/Walnut or Wenge.

5. The Gibson versions are 80 bucks a piece, and can be had on Musician's Friend website..

6. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Could you link me... I can't seem to see them?

7. Well poo on me, it appears they no longer offer them. I'm very sorry to have misinformed you.

Try Gibson directly.