1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gibson Thunderbird Studio 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Joe Nerve, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Mint condition. Black. OHSC. Great action, great old school sound, no neck dive... totally awesome bass. Only selling it to possibly buy mattygbass's Lakland. If the Lakland sells first, I'm keeping the T-bird. These are no longer available and the resale is starting to go up quickly. SOLD!

Won't be able to get pix up for a while, but you can trust it's in perfect condition. Been sitting under my bed in it's case for 2 years.

36992_l.

picture and info from mveducation.com .

The Gibson THUNDERBIRD STUDIO BASS 5-String Bass Guitar, Ebony Finish, Chrome Hardware inc case. Original 1963 reverse body Firebird shape with Gibson's traditional, proven "set neck" design, an unbeatable combination of style, performance and affordability.
    The Gibson THUNDERBIRD STUDIO BASS guitar brings together the original 1963 "reverse body" Firebird shape with Gibson's traditional, proven "set neck" design. The result is an unbeatable combination of style, performance and affordability. The Gisbon Thunderbird Studio 5-String Bass guitar features a mahogany body and neck, Rosewood 20 fret fingerboard, Two TB Plus ceramic humbuckers, Black Top Hat with silver insert knobs and Grover Tuners. The Gisbon Thunderbird Studio 5-String Bass delivers a classic, thumping alternative sound. Gibson hardshell case included with this bass.
    The main features of the Gibson THUNDERBIRD STUDIO BASS include:
    • Original 1963 reverse body Firebird shape with Gibson's traditional, proven "set neck" design, an unbeatable combination of style, performance and affordability
    • Mahogany body with reversed Thunderbird design
    • Mahogany neck
    • 20 fret, rosewood fingerboard with pearloid dots
    • Rounded bass neck profile
    • Chrome hardware
    • 34 inch scale length
    • 1 1/2 inch nut width
    • Adjustable brass bridge
    • Black Top Hat with silver inserts knobs
    • Grover Tuners
    • Two TB Plus ceramic humbuckers
    • Two volume, one tone control/s
    • Gibson hardshell case included with this bass
    SOLD!

2. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Damn I want that... finances suck. Good luck sir... good luck.

3. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Thanks Ralph.

Morning bump.

4. Knifedge

Knifedge

Jan 24, 2009
    Fu**********ng hell... gorgeous guitar... I just shelled out $1200 for a set of Roland Fantom keyboards, then my dream guitar comes up? Just plain mean... :)

If only you would do layaway payment... but... let me see what I can do....

Pm'ed

5. stiles72

stiles72

Mar 20, 2009
    Albany IL
    Those are great basses! I have a black 5'er and love it

6. Knifedge

Knifedge

Jan 24, 2009
    Yeah... that's all I am missing in my "family" of guitars I always wanted.. 5 string Fender Jazz.. 5 string Fender Pbass... and the Thunderbird is the only one I am missing.. working on it though.... and trying my best.

7. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    I'm in the same boat with the lakland I want. :) Hoping for a quick sale here. Good luck in getting the money, cuz it'll be my good luck too. Lemme know wussup as soon as you can.

8. mattygbass

mattygbass Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Stafford Springs, CT
    bumpin for joe

9. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    bumpin for me. :)

10. Joe Nerve