Gibson Thunderbird

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rien, Oct 6, 2001.

1. Rien

Rien Guest

Oct 6, 2001
    For my next bass i'm looking at a new Thunderbird bass. I have played one once, but only for about 5 minutes. It sounded good fingerstyle, but can you guys give me some information on it?
  2. i just bought one. i think it has an awesome tone.
    you also look very cool playing it. i do have some concerns though. 1 the finish seems to be wearing off on some of the edges(i am going to e-mailgibson and see what they plan to help me with).
    2 it is head stock heavey and slides down if you let go of the neck. ive heard of people using different kind of counter weights. all in all i like it it records well and has a good sound live and damn it looks reaaly hot!:D :D
  3. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    that's a great bass. but it's not the standard nor a bass for everyone. be sure to check it out very well before buying. first of all it is quite strange to find a confortable way to play it. second the two humbuckers are REALLY HOT. this means a lot of power but it's hard to have a clean sound. the sound is superwarm and the bass is versatile. i love the t-birds...
  4. I have one, sold my fist one and missed it so much I bought another one about a year later.

Do a search on it here, the topic comes up like a trend. Seeing that you just brought the TBird up I figure the other questions shall start rolling in.

VLADTHEIMPALER, nice name, I would expect Vlad to play a Thunderbird.