1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gibson turns patent troll

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dave Grossman, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Actually, knowing the anti-Guitar Hero attitude of a lot of these guys, this might give Gibson some good karma points

As far as it stands, it's business-stuff. I'm not a businessman, I don't have the mindset for it, so I think it's silly and dumb. But for someone who cares about profits, I'm sure it's a big deal.

2. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    The guitar hero South Park episode was priceless.

Also the Youtube video of the Geeks, band game in fron of the TV trying to look cool.

3. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    Based on the description of the unit Gibson patented, it seems like a long shot... if it holds, Wilson Sporting goods will owe Gibson money for every tennis racket that was strummed while some kid rocked out to AC/DC in front of the mirror...

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    It's interesting that Gibson would bring this lawsuit up after they licensed their name and guitar designs to be featured in the GH games.

5. It depends on the finer print of the claims section in the patent.

However, since when did guitar hero have a 3D headset? (because otherwise gibson are trying to claim patent on a stereo sound headset. And wont gibson already be getting enough for the controllers having the gibson logo?