Gibson Victory Bass Owners Club ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gibson Victory, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Gibson Victory

Gibson Victory Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Anyone out there interested in starting something like this? Or does one already exist?Thanks! Sorry, low tech guy in a high tech world.

2. Gibson Victory

Dec 21, 2019
    Going to give this one last shot, and then I will saddle up and ride off quietly into the sunset. Doesn’t anyone out there remember the 80’s. HEAVY EVERYTHING, Metal, Long Hair, Heavy Basses, SVT Stacks. I really miss those days! So to all those even remotely interested, it is time to Man-Up (Gran Torino), or ESPN, C’Mon Man. IT IS TIME TO JUMP ‘“INTO THE FIRE! (Dokken).

3. Yes sir. Waddya wanna know???

4. Im Keen.I got one. (A Standard) but sadly has a neck truss rod issue which no one could mend.Id love to track down a neck!
    Am in Melbourne Australia. And i bought it sight unseen from the U.S. from a woman whos partner owned it but was deceased.Took a gamble n kinda lost..

5. Gibson Victory

Dec 21, 2019
    Greetings! Sorry to hear about your problem, but wanted to let you know that it is fairly common. Not sure whether I can help you out or not. If you can take off your truss rod cover and move the strings slightly out of the way, get a good clear picture of the truss rod nut area and send it to me if you care to. The Silver Standard that you see on the left in my picture had an almost similar issue.

6. Gibson Victory

Dec 21, 2019
    So while I am essentially waiting for things to happen here, let’s try this. If You own or play a Gibson Victory Bass, maybe you would be kind enough to post a picture of it here if possible. I am going to try the technique of “unplug it, plug it back in, see if that works”. Hopefully in the next few weeks I am actually going to take one of mine apart for some minor issues. I will attempt to show some pictures of certain problem areas, and what to watch out for if you are interested in buying one. I know these things are out there someplace, most likely stuffed away under the bed or in the closet, etc. Will be pushing 70 this coming year, so as they said in the first “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle” Movie, “the clock is tickin dude”.

7. Marc DLarosa

Marc DLarosa Supporting Member

May 29, 2017
    HOWDY!!! I need a small favor...

Anyone here wanna CAREFULLY trace their Truss Rod Cover onto a piece of paper, and mail it to Me (the tracing).
    I'm in California, zip code 93063.

I'd be happy to PayPal You a few bucks for Your effort.

Thank You, in advance.
    Marc

Gibson Victory likes this.
  8. Gibson Victory

Dec 21, 2019
    Response has really been sparse so far on the club issue. Would be happy to trace one that I have for you. No problem sending it in the mail, wondering what would happen if I did a “trace”, and scanned it, and then sent it your e-mail address. Would it come out the correct size? Sorry, low tech guy, high tech world. Might be worth a try, either way it’s free. Pm me or something with your e-mail address, might be a TB first.

9. Marc DLarosa

Marc DLarosa Supporting Member

May 29, 2017
    Sent PM...

10. L-1329

L-1329

Aug 8, 2004
    I’m in! My first bass guitar was my Victory Artist, brand new and all gloss black. It’s never leaving my hands, love that bass. Every time I pick it up I remember how I felt as a 14y/o kid just looking at it in the display case of the local music shop. I still think it’s the best playing and sounding bass I’ve ever played. The down side? When you start with the best, everything else is a downgrade! :D

11. Gibson Victory

Dec 21, 2019
    Finally Responses! Who says that we are a dying breed. Wow! An Artist to boot! Yippee! Original Case I hope ? Picture Please! Thanks! My two current “gems” are an 82’ Black on black Standard, painted neck. In my picture, plus an 82-ish Custom Red. That was a “two to make one” thing. Long an expensive story, but was worth every cent. My 81 Silver is.....Well

12. L-1329

L-1329

Aug 8, 2004
    An old shot of it...
    Gibson%20Victory%20Artist.jpg

13. Gibson Victory

Dec 21, 2019
    C’mon People! Let’s get some pictures up here. Show us what you have! Original case pictures would be cool also. Anybody else have one of the “custom” series. Kind of like an “Artist”, but no actives, or nine volt. Like a “stick shift” car, with two pickups. Etc.

14. Gibson Victory

Dec 21, 2019
  15. BobKos

BobKos Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2007
    I owned one back in the late 80's / early 90's. I quit playing for a while and sold everything. Unfortunately I sold that bass too. It was a really great bass! I recently had the opportunity to buy one that has traveled over rough roads. Odd interstate Craigslist deal that actually went as hoped. I can tell it was definitely used as a bass and not a closet decoration. I still haven't put the time into it that I want to, but it is great to have a Victory bass again. Pic coming soon...

16. Gibson Victory

Dec 21, 2019
    Looking forward to the picture. In the next couple of days I will hopefully put up some better pictures of the ones that I own, some history of their purchases, and how I got involved in this thing in the first place. So stayed tuned.

17. Gibson Victory

Dec 21, 2019
    So while I’m getting my act together, just a couple of things. If you own a Victory, or want to, you should check out the following website, www.flyguitars.com. Lot’s of good information there about the Victory’s and other vintage Gibson Basses. Someone put a lot of effort into this site, and it’s great. History, pictures, diagrams, etc., so check it out. Since L-1329 was kind enough to post a picture of their Artist Model yesterday, #001 is given there. Artist’s were the top of the line model, so a nice black on black should be at the top of the pile, just seems fitting. There will only be a few of us in this thing anyway, my guess is 10, but I could be wrong.

18. L-1329

L-1329

Aug 8, 2004
    It's an honor.:D However I cannot accept. My black beauty is stamped a factory second, so member #2 would be much more appropriate. That is if there's even more than one member!:bassist:

B-Mac likes this.
  19. Gibson Victory

Dec 21, 2019
    Besides the “Victory” thing that I do, I also own,collect, and play the Gibson 335 s, the solid body one. “Mickey Mouse” ears they are called. I have several of the originals, plus one re-issue. One of the originals, the first one I bought is stamped “Second”, however in terms of playability, it’s the best one. So in my book anyway, the “Second” stamp really doesn’t mean that much. Stay in touch. Will get some Victory pictures up hopefully soon.

20. Gibson Victory

Dec 21, 2019
    I had originally planned to do this another way, but I seems that I am almost at “Ground Zero” of the current Virus situation. Being an old “Geezer” here, I am being careful, and doing things slowly at the moment. In the meantime I took some pictures of my 82’ Custom. My pride and joy. This was a two to make one story, will explain later. You don’t see a lot of the “Custom” models, not sure why. Like an Artist more or less, just no “Active” pickups. So hopefully here we go.

Attached Files:

NoSlapForYou and nixdad like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021