SOLD Gibson Victory

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BZadlo, Dec 31, 2015.

Tags:
  1. BZadlo

BZadlo Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Price:
    $435.00
    Strings:
    I keep putting this up and then taking it down. It's such I great bass and I've used it ona ton of recordings but I'm not really connecting with it right now.

This bass is definitely a player. It IS a tank and in solid playing condition. There are dings, bumps and scratches everywhere. The previous owner started to sand some of the finish off of the back but then changed his/her mind after that. The original hardware and pickup was upgraded. This includes a Hipshot detuner on the E, Hipshot Brass A style bridge, Passive EMG-GZR pickup and a Graphtech nut (original brass nut included). Just had a setup done by Mike Lull here in Seattle. Neck is straight and action can go pretty low (if you're into that).
    This bass sounds amazing! Kinda like the meanest P bass you've ever heard. It really seems to like flats and detuning. Just really versatile I guess.

Comes with a like new set of Dunlap strings and a new set of Ernie Ball Cobalt Flats.
    Unfortunately no case though.
    Let me know if you have any questions.

$435.00

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    EdwardofHuncote and pudge like this.
  2. darkcaptain29

darkcaptain29 Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2008
    San Diego CA
    Pmd

3. BZadlo

BZadlo Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Still available.

4. BZadlo

BZadlo Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Lower now.

5. Antisyzygy

Antisyzygy

Dec 8, 2014
    Washington
    What sort of trades are you interested in?

6. BZadlo

BZadlo Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Amps and possibly other basses. I'm kinda picky but feel free to make an offer.

7. EdwardofHuncote

EdwardofHuncote I Still Dream of Jeannie Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    Pretty cool vintage project here! One of Gibson's more traditional-looking designs, with hot-rod Fender-type electronics, and upgraded hardware.

Very tempting. :cool:

8. BZadlo

BZadlo Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I've owned one that was stock in the past. This one is a bit more playable and versatile due to the different pickup and bridge. Notes have a nice heft but there's plenty of slice available with the tone knob.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021