Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gig bag for 2 basses

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by the low one, Mar 14, 2006.

1. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    I have two basses and am finding more often that I want to take both with me to gigs. Two hard cases are a bind to carry so has anyone tried a gig bag that holds two basses? Are they so heavy with both basses in them that they are just as awkward that you want two single cases?

2. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Fender makes a decent one that sells for around $50

Double Gig Bag

I use mine fairly often, seems to be holding up fine. And it is pretty easy to carry around. It will be a bit heavy with 2 basses.

3. TBalls

TBalls

Mar 18, 2005
    Boston
    Depending on your budgetm, you might want to check out the Undercover double bag. You can get it @ Basscentral. It's a bit pricey (about $200), but if you're transporting high end basses it's worth it. I've been using one off and on for a couple of years, and it's great. It can be a bit heavy, but it's still easier than lugging two hard cases around.

4. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    I've been using a Gator Double Bag for well over a year since my former Incase Dub was ripper off (thankfully, no basses in it at the time). It's a decent bag, well constructed, I carry two ERB's (usually a 6 & a 7) .... sucker can get heavy .... :rolleyes:

You can get them just about anywhere for $50-$60 bucks .... :cool:

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    I had a Ritter DBL bag... man that was a beast! The basses were really loosely in there... really clumsy flopping around. The real art to a dbl-gigbag is to have them tightly harnessed inside and protected.

I prefer the better ones like Levi's, Mooradian or Incase (if you can find one), but expect to spend 125-299 for something of that caliber.

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Another nod for the Undercover double. I've had one since 2000 and it's literally been around the world with me, really protective, really snug, but still plenty of room (I used to carry two BIG 6's in it all the time). Well worth the $199 + shipping.

7. prockenklang

prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    Monterey,Ca.
    I just got a leather double bag from Estrella Cases.

The guy worked at Reunion Blues for 20 years! His bags are awesome!!!

John

8. mbrain

mbrain

Feb 20, 2006
    +1 on the UnderCover cases bag. Among others, Bass Central and Bass Exchange sell them. They are high quality and well padded. They are also a bit on the expensive side, but sometimes you've got to pay for quality.

As noted above, they do tend to get a bit heavy when you load them up with two basses, cables, etc., but I still prefer my double bag to carrying around to cases/bags/whatever.

9. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I too own the Gator Double Gig Bag like pointbass does and I love it. It really holds the basses really well and they don't sell for much too. Might wanna check them out.

10. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    They are a lot of gig bag for the money, really the quality is pretty darn good and they are well padded. However, the Incase bags are definitely a higher quality, just can't find them anymore.

Does the Undercover lay down like the Incase, i.e., one bass on top of the other where you have to remove the top bass to get to the bottom one?

11. jordanm

jordanm

Feb 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I have an Incase Dub and it rocks! I can't imagine another bag that protects the basses more than this one. I guess there is a very slight annoyance of having one bass on top of another, but it doesn't bother me. I believe they are going to start making them again? Their website shows a new model..

12. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    Thanks for all the swift replies.

I live in the UK and the only ones I've seen for sale here are by Ritter and Warwick, and cost between £50 and £60.

13. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Lakland offers one as well for about $200

14. And it's a very nice bag - full, plush 1" thick padding on all sides to include a nice strap button pad and quality hardwear all around. Each compartment has a very nice padded neck velcro "guitar-saver" attachment that secures the neck - it will keep the guitar in the bag should you forget to zip up the entire compartment!

The handles are ample and sturdy, and the pockets are well constructed. The straps are padded and plush, and they even include a cell phone pocket, nametag, etc.

I strongly recommend them - about 65 bucks with shipping brand new.

I also own a single Warwick premium gig bag - best gig bag I've ever tried, hands down.

Jay

15. unity bass

unity bass

Dec 15, 2003
    Modesto, Ca.
    I have one of these as well. It's a fantastic product.

I got mine here....

http://cgi.ebay.com/DOUBLE-Elec-Bass-Exceptional-Quality-Gig-Bag_W0QQitemZ7397760838QQcategoryZ20830QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(good seller too!)

Chad

16. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    No, you can get them out seperately, although it is a single zipper. I never lay it down, just "lean" it somewhere and remove them as I choose.

17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    I believe that is an Undercover with a Lakland emblem embroidered on it. It was the last time I saw one when I worked at Bass Central.

18. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi

My undercover has been a great double bag for me

Rob

19. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
  20. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    The incase dub bags are awesome!! I don't think you can get a better bag. I used an undercover and a Levy's double bag, but the dub bag won't disappoint