1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gig-Bag for Schecter Stargazer 4?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SquierVM, Aug 10, 2012.

1. SquierVM

SquierVM

Dec 20, 2007
    I'm getting a Schecter Stargazer 4 string as a gift, and I heard that the standard Schecter gig bag is too big for this bass. Does anyone know of a gigbag that would be a good fit for the Stargazer?

2. hhirbe

hhirbe

Mar 30, 2012
    Athens, Ohio
    Pretty much any universal gig bag or hard case will do. I have a universal soft 'hardshell' case and a Windsor gigbag and both work fine. Its a standard length, just a little awkward through the body.
    I hope you dig your stargazer as much as I do mine...

3. Dudes, I'm GASsing for a Stargazer. How much do they run for and how are they?

4. hhirbe

hhirbe

Mar 30, 2012
    Athens, Ohio
    I found mine slightly used (9.5 out of 10) on ebay for just over $500, but haven't seen many since then. Its the 2011 vintage burst model that they've discontinued. I get compliments on its looks and sound all the time. Thick low end and growling miss...I love it.

Attached Files:

5. hhirbe

hhirbe

Mar 30, 2012
    Athens, Ohio
    Whoops. Growling MIDS, you stupid Swiss army phone.
    Yeah, sweet tone, looks great, and a real easy player. I'd do it again tomorrow without a second thought...

6. Damn that's sweet. I wanted one, but now I NEED one. Thankfully I don't have money. :)

7. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    I've never gotten along with Ricks, but I definitely like the look of these.

Will the fit in a Contego? Best bag for the money, period.