Gig bag options

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Snarf, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    So, I'm looking to upgrade from my Musician's Friend "deluxe" gigbag. I'm thinking I want to get a single and a double. Possible brands I'm looking at:

Carvin (best price:value ratio as far as I can tell)
    Gator (for the double)

I want at least 1" of padding, unless you guys can convince me otherwise. Need plenty of space for a headphone amp, one pedal (hopefully a Sansamp, soon), music, cords, etc.

Anyone got some advice for me?
  2. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    I've owned Mooradian gig bags for close to two decades - single and double. I've had one of them since 1989 and I'm still using it. They're great and designed for the working player.

However, I recently got an Incase bag on a whim. This is the finest gig bag in the world, IMHO. Not cheap, but worth it. The downer is they don't seem to offer a double bag yet.
  3. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    This may soudn kinda dumb, but the Gig Bags from Rondo that I got wiht my SX is pretty good, especially sicne I got it for $15...

That and MF is selling the leather trim one for 20 bucks, 30 mm padding...duno if you need more padding than that though
  4. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    These are sweet, but do you have to buy them from the Apple Store now?? :confused:
  5. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Yeah, I'm not seeing where I can order an Incase.

Unfortunately, those are pretty much out of my pricerange. Probably (definitely) should have specified earlier, I'd like to try to keep the price down to $70 or somewhere along those lines.
  6. I have a Fender Deluxe gig bag for my Telecaster and I love the thing, just it doesn't have all that much room for equipment.
    My brother has a Road Runner bag for his B.C. Rich guitar and that has all sorts of pockets, and to be honest, its a pretty decent bag. I was thinking of getting one for my bass. They were around $40 I think at Guitar Center the last I looked.

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I was looking @ getting one of these as well. I spoke to one of the reps and he said the only place you can get them is online @ hurry, they are discontinued and they just have a few @ the warehouse.
  8. tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    The Incase offers incredible protection (I have the slim bag) but it's a bit bulky and heavy for average use. My main gig bag is a leather one from Levy's Leathers (the LM19). It's kinda pricey ($200 +/-) but the cordura version is a lot cheaper and offers almost as much protection (it's a bit lighter as well). I do a lot of rehearsing at the music building on 30th street in NYC; I see lots of guys with Levy's bags.

9. Brian S

Brian S

Nov 11, 2003
    Atlanta, Georgia
    I have an Undercover double gig bag and it works great. I carry two basses, two straps, 5 cords, a volume pedal, A/B box, head phones, tuner and a Digitech BP50 in it without any problems. It's well made and seems to be very durable. I've been using it for about a year.
  10. RunngDog

RunngDog Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings for InCase fans, but they seem to be at least temporarily out of business. I emailed them regarding lack of ordering or dealer info on their site and got this response:

"Thank you for your email and your interest in our Incase products. Our webstore is closed and we currently have halted in production of the gigbags. Although the bags are terrific, we are making many changes within our company. We are very sorry for the inconvenience."