Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

gig bags

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by basssax, Oct 26, 2003.

1. basssax

basssax

Oct 14, 2003
    Washington,D.C.
    Does anyone know the best gig bag on the market?
    I also am a reed player, and ProTec makes some great "hard/soft" cases. Help!!!

2. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I don't play Warwick basses, but I use the Rockbag Gig Bags they manufacture...IMHO, prolly the best padded gig bag for acoustic, bass, and electric guitars out there.

3. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Check out the Incase Tourbag. I've been using them for a couple of months now to carry some pretty serious instruments around. I wouldn't think of using anything else for my basses.

Here are some good detailed photos of them:

http://www.thegrooveshoppe.com/In_Case.html

4. Slot

Slot

Oct 17, 2003
    Sydney - The Shire
    Fender Premium gig bag
    [​IMG]
    I use one of these, and i cant recommend it enough.

Strong, Tough, Extremely well padded, Tidy suede material, and plenty of storage room. They're fairly expensive(out here they are anyway), but they're worth every cent.

5. I second that, i've got a Warwick Rockbag too.. but a cort bass.. comfortable and handy.

or maybe i wanna drag and make ppl think i actually got a warwick when i'm carring my bass with me :confused: hmmm can't remember.. really!

6. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I would have to Say Reunion Blues and Undercover Gigbags are the top Two IMO... I have an undercover Gigbag.. paid about $200 for it and its worth it

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I dont know why but ive always liked gigbags more than hardcases. I like their storage pockets, aand the ones that have backpack straps. I also like the one for my headless, bc its shaped like a rifle bag ;) But the one i use with my Essex has a nice large storage compartment and backpack straps.