1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gig Bags

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pickups, Aug 26, 2012.

1. pickups

pickups Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    looking to get a Mooradian gig bag for electric bass does anybody own or know anything about them? thanks

2. Made in Mass.No frills. Very reliable. I've had one for over 16 years and it's been solid.

3. pickups

Mar 31, 2011
    Wow! I will be ordering one. Thanks man!

4. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Great company, great bag. I use them for my micro amp bags.

The positives: Lightweight, reasonably good protection given it is a standard 'soft bag', large gear pockets, great quality, exceptional service and support (they fixed a Walter Woods bag for me under 'warranty' after a decade of use.

Really no negatives other than the fact that it is not a hybrid bag. I prefer the added protection of a hybrid (semi-hard) bag. I've pretty much owned them all, and the 'best' hybrid bag concerning design, price/value, protection, light weight, features, gear pouch size, etc. is the current model of the ProTec Contego bag. Highly recommended if you want to move 'up' to a hybrid.

5. pickups

Mar 31, 2011
    Thanks KJung I checked the Contego bag out and it does seem like a great bag and cheaper than the Mooradian. I think Sadowsky also makes a bag similar to the Contego called the Portabag for around the same price.

6. SlingBass4

SlingBass4

Feb 28, 2009
    Kansas City
    Nice bag for the $$$ it appears. Great for those with several instruments they take to the gig, studio, etc. I'll stick with my Reunion Blues bags for both my basses, but one can almost buy 2 of these bags for the price of 1 Reunion Blues bag ;)

7. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

That Sadowsky bag is great also. MUCH more expensive, more heavy duty, but also much heavier than the Contego.

8. pickups

Mar 31, 2011
    One thing i noticed about the Mooradian is that i dont see where it has reinforcement like my$50.00 Roadrunner case so im not sure about the mooradian. I like the Contego and the Sadowsky but i think it may be a little to big for my liking.

VWbug likes this.
  9. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    NYC, Inwood.
    I have been using Mooradian bags for both slab and uprite since they started. They have been nothing but longlasting and reliable. I regularly transport my basses on the NYC subway, and have had no issues. You have to exercise a minimum amount of common-sense awareness, though.

10. pickups

Mar 31, 2011
    Yeah i think im going to order one. I hate carrying my Sadowsky around in a $50.00 gig bag just doesnt seem right to me.

11. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    #1 to SlingBass4.
    Bought my Reunion Blues gig bag in 1984.
    Still in service, no issues.

12. pickups

Mar 31, 2011
    I like the Reunion Bags but i need big pockets and i dont see a RB bag with big enough pockets like the Mooradian.

13. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

The Sadowsky bag is quite large. Another strong positive about the Contego.... it is definifely the smallest hybrid bag I have experienced... very 'thin' in depth, but still quite a lot of protection versus a standard bag like the Mooradian.

That being said, although I'd never go back to a standard soft bag, if I did, I'd get the Mooradian.

14. pickups

Mar 31, 2011
    I saw a video on the IGig bags they look pretty tough. May consider going that route but they are pretty big 50” length.

15. barginkov

barginkov

Feb 1, 2012
    L.I. New York
    i have an igig bag , it is the best ,, indestructable , it is heavy though

16. Biggbass

Biggbass

Dec 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    I've got the Mooradian double bag - love it. I use it for both bass and guitar.