Gig booking help in NJ needed!!!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Rusty Chainsaw, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    OK, here's the scenario:

My bandmates from the UK are coming over here to the US with the intention of doing a mini-tour in the tri-state area in late February. Since I haven't been living here long and don't have too many contacts, I enlisted the help of a promoter - and he ended up being useless - with over a month spent on it, he managed to get us precisely nothing. So, the plane tickets are booked, the guys are ready, but I only have one gig booked. :meh:

Can anyone here put me in touch with someone who knows the venues in this area - we still need to book five more shows to make the two weeks worthwhile. The music style is melodic rock/metal (think Alter Bridge/Pearl Jam/Staind/Tool). Ideally, we're not after small bar shows - been there, done that. I've got plenty of promotional material for us, CDs, press kits, a DVD, etc.

Any and all help is appreciated! :D
  2. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Have you tried the new lamour in Bklyn (BMT)? I can hook you up with numbers for there and a little smaller, but really cool place right next door called third rail. Email me if you want the #s. I know a few other places, but they're hit or miss as far as a crowd goes. NY isn't the easiest place to get a happning gig if you're not either a well known band, or a band with lots of friends who are definitely gonna come see you.
  3. Czar

May 6, 2003
    New Jersey
    I cant help you get the shows but I can tell you places you can play.

The Saint in Asbury Park
    The Stone Pony in Asbury Park
    Conduit in Trenton
    The Court Tavern in New Brunswick
    The Brighton Bar in Long Branch

The are all small but thats the best you get in New Jersey. All the big places are pretty much looking for cover bands only.
  4. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Czar's right..Jersey's not a great place for originals. Neither is Philadelphia. Unless you come through on a tour with a bigger name, you're not going to play a bigger venue.