Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gig Calendar

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by brewer9, Apr 25, 2001.

1. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Whats up with calling that section a "Gig Calendar" when 99.9% of whats on it is birthdays? Are people that interested in birthdays here? I dont get it. Why not just change the name to "Birthday Calendar" and be done with it.

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Um, if you check under September 16th you'll see "Jazzbo's Birthday," and that's not the day I was born, that's a gig. We're going to ....

Oh, I'm sorry. That's lame. It was going to be this big funny thing about how my birthday is really a gig, and you made a mistake, and blah blah blah. As it turns out, it was just bad humor. I sincerely apologize to all those I have hurt and vow to never ever again use sarcasm on talkbass.

3. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    How dare you use sarcasm on this board! What were you thinking? Dont even think of letting this happen again. Jazzbo you are "THIS" close to having your post reported to the moderator.

4. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I'm VERY sorry Brewer. Let me again restate that I never meant to hurt anybody. And now I've gone and hurt everybody. I've hurt myself too. Of course, I'm kind of clumsy really, and once...but the point is, you're right, terribly terribly right. The rest of my time on talkbass will be spent totally devoted to making ammends, rectifying the situation, if you will.

Thank you.

:D

5. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    how the heck do you get your gig listed there? you gotta email Paul or sumpin?

6. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    You can post your own gigs with the directions there, but why bother. No one's gonna go across the country or the world to see someone they dont know play at a bar.

Hmmmmm, maybe they're sending Birthday presents though.

7. Oh now I see what has been causing all the tension in my life. the gigs/event calendar has turned into more of a birthday calendar. I guess I will just never click on that icon again and hope my life finally pulls together