Gig: Chapman Stick Night!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Veej007, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Veej007

Sep 6, 2004
    Greg Howard will be hosting Chapman Stick Night from 7pm-11pm on Saturday at the Gravity Lounge in Charlottesville. The show will feature leading Stick players like Bob Culbertson, Virginia Splendore, Jim Reilly, and Fred-Erik Souave, as well as many of the twenty-some students that will be converging upon Charlottesville that weekend for the Mid-Atlantic Stick Seminar. The Gravity Lounge is located at 103 1st Street on the downtown mall, and can be reached at 434.977.5590 or via

The Chapman Stick is an incredible instrument designed around the two-handed tapping method invented by Emmett Chapman in 1969. It is a powerful blend of guitar, bass, and piano, and has thus been adopted by musicians such as Tony Levin of Peter Gabriel and Liquid Tension Experiment and John Myung of Dream Theater. You can watch a demonstration video at and learn more about the instrument at

Moderators, feel free to move this if you feel that another part of the forum would be more appropriate.
  2. If you can, go to this. You won't regret it.

- Dave
  3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I'm going to move this to Misc. Man, I wish I could go!
  4. Greg Howard is a sick, sick man. Extremely talented.

I'm nowhere near C-ville, and am regretting it now that I know about this.
  5. Veej007

Sep 6, 2004
    There will also be performances by plenty of other incredible Stick players. This is a unique opportunity to see this unbelievable instrument in action.

We're talking about 25 Stick players converging upon Charlottesville. It's hard to beat that, no?