First off, this is way out in December, so I have time to figure this out, hopefully. I have a bar gig booked for one band on a Saturday night. Another band I am in just got a call back to do a company xmas party that we did last year. I am expecting that gig will pay us a few hundred per person along with good food. I would be making significantly less than $100 at the bar gig, as 9 piece band + bar pay = not a lot of money. Neither band really has a substitute bass player. The corporate one, if I don't play, that band ain't gonna fly. I hold the music and especially the groove together in that band. The bar gig band MAY be able to pull a sub, especially with that much notice. The x-mas party is almost certainly non-negotiable in terms of changing days. I am thinking the bar gig scheduling may be negotiable. I feel really wierd asking them to reschedule a gig so I can play another. I feel very obligated to do both, but not sure what to do. One is about 100 miles from the other with some probable time overlap, so impossible to do both. What would you guys do here? I know many of you deal with this situation regularly.