Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gig for the 4th

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by charles21o7, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Last night I was in Biloxi to play a gig for the 4th. I was playing with the guitar player of my current unnamed project and a really retro rock band. We played nothing but covers (we had too, thats all the owner wanted)So we started with a Bluesy rendition of the Anthemn, then Strutted out Kick out the Jams, then a few CCR covers, some Allman, Some Skynrd,GRF, Bob Dylan, Genesis, Aerosmith, Muddy waters, and ending the show with an about 20 min , hard rockin rendition of American Pie. It was a fun show, I got to belt out some good American rock and roll. SO did anyone else play for the 4th.

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Cool man. PM if your band is coming near Jackson, I'd go to check ya'll out.

3. Well Im still working on a new band, got myself as bass and singer , and the above mentioned guitarist. Im looking for another guitar, keys, and drums.