gig girls....arrh!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by j-raj, Mar 20, 2005.

1. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Ok, it's nearly 4:30am I just got home from a gig in ATL's party central: Buckhead...

It was a cover gig, packed house, about 80/20 women to guys ratio, no joke... just ask Woodchuck or any Atlantans about 'Schmuckhead'. While we were playing we had either a bachelorette (which there seemed to be about three bachelorette parties this evening), someone who just turned 21 or some drunk girl jumping on stage to hang with us in the middle of a tune... See in 'party-central' most of the cover gigs start at 10:30pm and they end somewhere near 2:30AM with out breaks... or at least I wasn't able to. I played straight... no piss-break even.. I must be a frigging camel or something, I just didn't need to go.

Why is it that when you are finally going out with a girl in a serious relationship, do all of the gigg'n girls come out to play?

with in the last 8 month's my ex- and I have gotten back together and I'm totally with her, love her, care... blah blah, never cheat (you know the drill)... How come this evening I had these two girls dancing in front of me for a good portion of the last hour... want to hang out after the gig, with a hotel room... Crown Royal (unopened)?...arrh!

Where the heck were these two twits/idiots when I was single!!!

I love/hate being a musician sometimes.
  2. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I remember that phase. How DID they always know?
  3. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Is there an opening for a singer in your band?

Attached Files:

4. Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    It's a well known fact that women can smell other women on a man. Just like that girl "knows" you been cheating or "knows" you've been at a strip club. Well... it could have been the body glitter all over you that tipped her off on that one...

It also works that girls can smell that you sleep with someone on a regular basis... the odor of sleepy woman just reeks on you and it drives other women crazy for you.

When I was engaged, that was the time in my life that the most women ever hit on me. I'm single now, and women have nothing to do with me. Though I suspect that fact that I'm a bitter drunken bastard doesn't help that either :D
  5. I was about as interesting to women as professional hockey until I got married. Then, once the ring was on my finger, women were talking to me like they never had before. I always assumed it was because they no longer saw me as a threat, but maybe they're all just evil little nymphs that love the challenge of a taken man!!

And you know j-raj, there are worse things in life than already having a great girl at home! :D
  6. haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Theres nothing wrong at all with having one woman at home, it's esspecially nice when she is interested in your music and is front row for all your gigs.

BTW, I've only ever had one groupie, must be too ugly or something, but to make up for it... we're still together now :hyper:
  7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario don't mean your "groupie," do you? 'cause...that'd be mean.

It's just as bad when you not even attached, you're just genuinely not interested. I've had a girl begging for my attention for about three weeks now. It's a shame the first time this happens, it's a crazy skank. *sigh* Life and it's foibles, eh guys?
  8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Same deal. I only get chicks when I'm dating. I'm an honest man so I can't take advantage of it. But I swear, really hot girls hit on me now that I've been dating.

We played this one gig, my girlfriend was in the corner watching with my mom and aunt. This group of hippie girls were dancing around in front of me, and "the hot one" kept talking to me between songs, telling me how she plays bass. I offered to let her play (because we were playing an awful country song next) and she declined. I was like, "Aww c'mon, it's in B... B is like the easiest key." For some reason I like screwing with people. Anyhoo. While we played, she rocked some air bass for me, and shook her ass, looked at me, looked at her ass, then looked at me again. And I noded a "Yes, I see it, it's very nice." Nod... I didn't know what I was suppose to do.

My girlfriend didn't like that gig.
  9. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Same here. Very irritating.

But I'd rather be happily married than deal with the dating game again. :)
  10. Feda

Feda Screwed up pitch

Jan 12, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Then how did you get to date in the first place? :p
  11. haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    No I was refering to me...
  12. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    The opposite sex can smell desperate, needy, horny, lonely or whatever else you want to call it from a mile away. Once someone is secure however, and no longer looking - they becomes a lot more attractive. That's my take on it anyhow. I believe, as already mentioned, that you become a lot more "safe", yet "challenging" also. I deal with this stuff often and sometimes it near drives me insane.

Ohh yeah - and women seem to totally fall for unavailable men. I kinda said that in all the above though, didn't I?
  13. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Man, another late frigg'n evening... just got in from the studio. Wow, amazed all of y'all even paid attention to this thread... I just started it as a vent... thanks for listening.

they fall for what seems to be a 'safe' person... which I must really come across as, cause I really aint looking. On these cheesy cover gigs, I feel I have to play a roll which I despise. I guess that is the business.

man, I'm tired...

I have a great woman, she is really into music and dances at all of my gigs (the ones that she decides to go to) and gets her friends out as well... Plus she is hotter than the trash that shows up to those gigs.

*oh, I thought I might add(since this just happened this evening)... while I was instructed to have my phone off for the studio gig this evening... it appears that guitarist (f'ing loser from the cover gig on saturday) gave my number to some chick that asked for it after I left the gig that night (he thought he was doing me a favor?)... she called and left a stupid desperate twenty-something's crappy ' wanna hook-up' message.

Yeah, umm, no thanks... :meh:

...does bitterness start happening in your 30's? or am I just delirious with fatigue?
  14. Tnavis

Feb 25, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I've noticed a significant increase in the number of women who hit on me since I got married. My theory is that if a woman knows you're married or attached, she knows that any flirting she does is essentialy harmless, since it can only go so far.
  15. The Nanny

The Nanny

Dec 23, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    boys, boys, boys. Women aren't attracted to a man because he is already married or taken...that's just a symptom of the REAL reason. Women are hyper-competitive. Like, in ways that men can't even fathom. Guys think guys are the most competitive gender, but I'll tell you that field sports and WWF don't even TOUCH the bloodsport that is female relationships.

Don't believe me? Talk to a buddy who has a daughter in the 8-12 year age range. When we were playing with Tonkas, girls were learning inter-personal relationships. And they learned all about pecking order, and how you can climb the pecking order by undermining the person on the rung above you.

When a guy walks into a bar, he sizes up the women to asses his chances. When a woman walks into a bar, she sizes up the OTHER WOMEN.

Taking (or knowing they could take) some married guy is an affirmation that they are winning, that they can compete with and beat whatever cutie soccer mom he has stashed at home.

Here is another litmus test...if your best friend's wife was hot, would you ever sleep with her? Not under pain of death...which would probably be the outcome if you did. But consider often has your wife's best friend flirted with you? Probably more often than you've flirted with your buddy's wife! And even if you did flirt with your buddy's wife, would your buddy notice? likely not. Would your wife notice her friend flirting with you? Like a bat sees walls in the dark!

The Nanny
  16. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

[peter griffin, family guy] 'go on' [/peter griffin, family guy] :D

Seriously, I believe that what you said is right... scary, but you have a point.

I have seen women out do each other in ways guys don't care to. It's just funny that they look at other women to see where their direct competition stands... Gosh if both men and women are looking at the women, there must be a bunch of pressure on them as well.

nice :D
  17. The Nanny

The Nanny

Dec 23, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada are bang on. Does a guy notice when a woman's eyeshadow isn't quite the right shade to match her purse or accessories? We're busy gawking at her breasts. But other women will notice, and they'll rip her apart for it. Its why some women spend 1 hr in front of the mirror just to run to the grocery store. The absence of an audible biological clock helps us as well.

As long as Lyle Lovitt can snag Julia Roberts, guys will never feel the same kind of pressure. :D
  18. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    So, you mean we were safe for a couple of years back in the late eighties, or so?
  19. Tnavis

Feb 25, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    You mean women are just batting their eyes at me, rubbing up against me, and whatnot just to stroke their own egos? I feel so used...... and I like it!

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    ... riiight! We guys wonder if we're gonna get some...a woman already KNOWS if we are!!!! :D