Gig last night...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by haujobb, May 2, 2005.

1. haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Went great, I don't think we've ever had a louder audience and many people said that it was one of our best performances. I'm in a heavy metal band so energy is very important on stage, people said that we had the place going skyhigh, the crowd didn't stop moving. We just released a new song and it features some very difficult lyrical work, but my singer hit every note spot on, it was really satisfying when he would hit the high notes and the whole club would cheer.

Last night was also very interesting for me, first thing that happened: I was helping the opening act break down their equipment, so I was about to like up a rack case and the female keyboard leans over her keyboard. The drummer looks at me and says: "Smack that ass!" I'm like "Ummm..." Then she says "Yeah smack it real hard for me!" At this point I'm really confused and kind of wishing I didn't have a girlfriend, but I'm a good guy and I love my girl very much so I say "Your ass is very nice and I would love to smack it but... I can't because I'm in a serious relationship." I was then referred to as a pussy by the male portion of the band and a 'really good guy' by the female portion.

Later that night my girlfriend showed up, I was a little worried because she was out of town and this was a big gig and I wanted her to be there. So she shows up just in time for our set, and all through the set some girl is gawking at me and giving her dirty looks. In the end I was very proud of my girlfriend because she kept her cool, which alot of girls wouldn't.

Also, we hit of our sale of merchandise and did fairly well, sold a bunch of CD's and some T-shirts, we have a waiting list of girls waiting for Girl T's which will be coming soon hopefully (Because we are a metal band consisting of four young guys, our fan base is made up of teenage guys that like a music, and girls that like us).
  2. Thats sweet! What more could you ask for from a show.

As far as smackin that ass, I think you played it right...that is if youre playing your hometown. Had you been on the road, I might have handled it a little different. Make a spectacle of it for the crowd and have some fun with it.