Gig Moments

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by kansas666, Dec 6, 2005.

1. kansas666

Sep 20, 2004
    We had a couple of "moments" at our gig last Saturday.

At one point during an ACDC song, a woman came up, took my mike and began singing backup. I had to pull my iem's out real quick because I have my vocal pushed pretty high in the mix. Our singer is pretty good about this. He let her sing for a little while. If they are good he will usually let them sing longer. Well a little while later I was singing lead on a Cheap Trick song and the same woman came up and took my mike mid lyric. Dumb B!! Our singer came over and got it back pretty quick.

At the beginning of the night our keyboard player realized her amp was dead. We don't normally carry an extra amp with us. So she was SOL. We tried running her keys through the monitor. But she shares a mix with the singer and it was making his ears bleed. After the first set I discovered the DJ rig set up in a corner. I managed to pull about 20 cords and get the amp free from the rig and hook it up for our keyboard player. She was very happy. But about half way through our last set she leaned over to me and said "Is that the DJ over there?" I looked up and there was this guy running around frantically pulling the hair out of his head and trying to figure out what had happened to his rig. We didn't know it but he had been hired to DJ after we were finished up until bartime. I went over and apologized. He was very cool about it and was just glad to find out that it hadn't been stolen. We got him up and running about 10 minutes after we were done.
  2. thoseguysbass

Jun 11, 2005
    my band was playing some ****ty variety night at our school and it was our first gig, so nerves where a little high strung. Anyways we where all a little nervous but our rhythm guitarist said he wasn't nervous at all. We were all like wow, this guy can handle stress like nothing, but 10 minutes before opening he started to bleed profusely from the nose (he did that for about 2 minutes straight). After that he puked 4 times in various places in the school. Then it was showtime and he actually managed to play okay, despite his pale complexion. From that day on he was known to us as pukey Mcnosebleed.
  3. FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative
    That is freakin' hilarious!!

4. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City

This would make a humorous band name.
  5. we were playing a show where there where seats and the stage was pretty high so one of my pedals was loose a little stomp box and i didnt notice while we were waiting between songs i slipped and kicked it by accident and it smoked some chick in the forhead and all u could was " Dan Electro" in her forhead
  6. kulasterol

Jul 17, 2003
    Played Mia Tyler and Dave Buckner (Papa Roach drummer) wedding. Everyone dressed in black (color theme); ceremony took place in front of band so we could play wedding march and other songs. Video shots showed me standing next to maid-of-honor Liv Tyler (Armageddon/Lord of the Rings) thru the entire wedding ceremony with my white underwear showing thru my open fly! BTW, it was a treat jamming with Steven Tyler (Aerosmith) -- real friendly and accomodating.