Gig pics - Nov. 18 2017

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Crusher47, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Couple of pics. from our gig last night - Rob's Billiards, Fort Worth TX. They don't serve food, so no food pics :)
    VuTQSba.jpg

Setup...
    5GAOLVI.jpg

UJHXxuO.jpg

Some action shots...
    ReU06JO.jpg

50YgVa3.jpg

oa56n5B.jpg

Efe4Wpk.jpg

2. 74hc

74hc

Nov 19, 2015
    Sunny California
    Thanks for sharing. I don't know about billiards gigs nowadays, but a couple of decades ago it was like playing in a chimney with all that smoke. Took about a week to get the smoke smell out of everything, iirc. Hated it, so I only backed up my buddy once.

Come to think of it, I don't remember him taking his Martin, but his cheap, asian made guitar that he always brought to our camping trips.

GregC, McG, nixdad and 1 other person like this.
  3. Love your gear, band looks great, very cool gig. Thanks Crusher47! Never played a billiards gig, did a bowling alley once and it sucked.

Mark

Crusher47 and nixdad like this.
  4. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Gold Supporting Member

ha! thanks for sharing this! it's a lot of fun to see how others look/play/perform. i like your set-up/rig...and your instruments. hope your gig was a success and a pleasure! :thumbsup:

Crusher47 and nixdad like this.
  5. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi!

Cool! Thanks for the pix. Is that the 1x15 or the 2x10 Rumble you have stacked up there? Is there a dance floor in this place too? It looks like a good sized room. House PA or did you bring your own? Hey, what is that thing in front of you that looks like a propane bottle? Were there any pyrotechnics? Thanks for sharing. :)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Crusher47 likes this.
  6. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    2x10 combo with 2x10 extension cabinet for a vertical 4x10 stack. Small dance floor right in front of the stage. House PA. Propane bottle thingy = tip jar :)

7. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    :cool:!!! you rock :bassist:

thanx for sharing

Wise

Crusher47 likes this.
  8. Yeah, we played a pool hall about ten years ago and it was the same. The next day my eyes were on fire and I felt like I smoked a pack of camel non filtered smokes the night before. Took forever for the smell to go away too.

Ugh.

But to the OP, looks like a cool set up and a good gig. :thumbsup:

Crusher47 likes this.