1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gig report: Americana Winery, Interlaken NY, 5/5/19

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by CallMeAl, May 6, 2019.

1. nbsipics

nbsipics Ours' is the only Reality of Consequence Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    And Chicago!

Jimmy4string and alanloomis1980 like this.
  2. diegom

diegom Supporting Member

Sore Thumb and nixdad like this.
  3. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Oh forgot to mention, trumpet player told me "I wanna call you 'Iron Man' cause you dont flinch! You're so steady!" Nice compliment, I'll take it! :cool:

diegom and Jimmy4string like this.
  4. @nbsipics CHICAGO! My girl's favorite -we got tickets for July.
    @alanloomis1980 any compliment from a trumpet player is high praise! That is very nice.

alanloomis1980 likes this.
  5. As part of a 3 pc with a cajon and no drums, I also find that I don't miss the drums. Balancing the sound is so much easier and the cajon sounds fantastic. I don't know what kind of mic our lead singer/cajon player purchased but it clips right to the hole on the cajon, so unlike a standard mic on a short stand, if he moves the sound never changes.

Load ins with a smaller setup are nice aren't they?

Good gig report, call backs tell you all you need to know about your performance!

6. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    As a reformed trumpet player myself, I know it's a very high honor! (Egomaniacs, those trumpeters :whistle: ;) )
    I just love it. It allows us to play low volume gigs, dinner hours, brunch, happy hour, etc. Its still weird to me to not be the first one set up!

Jimmy4string and WI Short Scaler like this.
  7. I built a little stand for that. I had some leftover plywood, grabbed a bit of scrap conveyor belt from work and bought some rubber feet from Amazon. Cost me $5 and an hour of my time.
    20181016_190707.jpg 20181016_190642.jpg 20181016_190730.jpg

Thanks for sharing your gig. I really enjoy seeing and hearing everyone's stories.

diegom and alanloomis1980 like this.
  8. OldManMusic

OldManMusic Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Centennial, CO
    Love the pics, thanks for sharing. I played with a cajon drummer for a few years and loved the easy load ins (I used a small 1x12 Markbass).

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 8, 2021