1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gig report for my Sire V7 Vintage

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stinsok, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I played it a lot before ever playing out. The results from playing at home and playing at a gig were vastly different. There were quite a few instances where the D and C (played on the A string) would seem to disappear. I tried a lot of different EQ settings but nothing seemed to bring those notes out. I was really disappointed and decided mid gig that I would sell it.

This morning I hooked everything up and tried it again. The D and C were as strong as every other note. Everything is as it should be!

2. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone. Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Were you able to do a sound check before the gig? If so, did it happen during the sound check?

It may just be some weird frequency cancellation at that venue/stage.

It could also be the other instruments in the band invading that sonic space.

If those notes are loud and proud when you’re playing solo, I doubt it’s the fault of the bass.

The next step would be to see if this happens again in a different venue.

3. Massan

Massan

Dec 6, 2017
    definitely the venue. 100%

4. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Didn't notice it during sound check. It sounded like it was "fretting out." LIke the notes were choked. Really strange. I've played it a lot since then with no issues. I've played at that venue quite a bit.

5. JDLowEnd

JDLowEnd Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Norwich, CT
    Have you used the bass during practice with your band? You mentioned playing it at home, then using it at a venue. It could be getting lost in the mix.

6. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    Are you sure those notes weren't heard clearly off stage? Could'a just been where you were standing?