Gig Report - Honkytonk Weekend - 7/13 - Videos included, pics to be added TBD

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Kitsapbass, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    Hey guys!

So this weekend, I played a sub gig for my friends band, Decade Detour - billing themselves as Honkytonk Weekend as a countrified version of the band - doing bass and some back ground vocals. I got the request about 2 months ago, due to their bass player quitting and their permanent guy not being a country player - I've played with the drummer off and on for the last few years. Heck of a guy, and a good drummer to boot!

I got a few set lists over the last few weeks, each one adding/subtracting about 5 songs each. All in all I had to learn about 30 new songs, 35 of the ones that were under discussion I already knew. As it was, I knew from talking with my friend that they would throw a few audibles in, so I knew even if they got dropped to learn the songs as they were added.

Originally, I was told - smallish venue, so 4x10 would be as big as I could go, with no PA support (new noise requirements - nothing over 105 db). I had planned to bring my Goliath 4x10, but when I heard about the requirements, I ended up going with my modified Carvin Redeye 210. Same head though - my workhorse 800RB handled it like a champ as always. Wife has the pics (because my phone had to have the cameras removed for work) so those are coming. Now to the important part - videos!!!!

McG, richntiff and WI Short Scaler like this.
  2. Sounds like a fun gig, no videos yet :cool:

3. Kitsapbass

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA

So, this is one that was filmed by the keyboard player's phone. My wife shot several videos (with WAY better bass in the mix lol), but it should give you an idea of the size of the place. Basically my work cube is 2/3 the size of the stage lol. WAY cramped for 6 people!!!!

4. Kitsapbass

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    I may have to wait to get home. My work computer (Department of Defense) isn't letting me upload and download, and Chrome on my phone isn't letting me do it over data.

Sigh.

WI Short Scaler likes this.
  5. Kitsapbass

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    3F955CB0-D46A-4A6D-9D80-4DAEE361971E.jpeg The Facebook ad that the group put on. Really was a fun show to do, especially considering the crowd response. Right off the water (It's on Dock Street, between Ruston and Downtown Tacoma.

Attached Files:

6. Kitsapbass

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA

Nice thing about working with multiple singers in a group - you can play songs you don't normally get to. Like Miranda Lambert's "Little Red Wagon".

McG and Jimmy4string like this.
  7. Kitsapbass

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    However, we also played a lot of classic rock. Some ZZ Top, some Dire Straits....and some Thorogood like this song here.

McG likes this.
  8. FirewalZ

FirewalZ

Aug 14, 2014
    S.E. Michigan
    ...and it shouldn't...if 800-53 has anything to say about it:)

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021