1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gig Report - Interstate Exiles @ Apple Annies 11/30/18

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by SWRnut, Dec 10, 2018.

1. SWRnut

SWRnut Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Columbia, SC
    Sorry for being a week late on this one, but it's been some crazy times at work and this was the first of a double header weekend for us. Back to Florence, SC at Apple Annie's. Great local restaurant and bar. In the past, we have ran sound from stage, but it's very distracting for me, and I like having an extra person to rely on and listen from out front. He mixed the whole night on an iPad, so not in anyone's way and able to listen from various points in the room.
    sign.
    If you remember, these guys are missing an E, and decided to become creative spellers.
    Bass rig.
    Back to the full Genz Benz setup in here, knowing what's in store for our gig tomorrow (you'll see).
    drums.
    Partial drum set photo. Missing the cymbals.
    setup.
    90 minutes later......the calm before the storm.
    Band shot.
    A friend of the band shot a couple of photos.
    T shot.
    Apparently, texting is more important than drumming.
    live.
    My one moment of not playing. crowd.

Always a great crowd and packed until the Last Call.
    We played until 2:00, about 45 minutes to load out and 2 hours home. But then, our next gig was 8 hours later.....Next Gig Report. Oh and keep it low.

garp, nixdad, growlypants and 11 others like this.
  2. mwbonsall

mwbonsall Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2000
    Casa Grande, Arizona
    Great gig and report. Love your Genz Benz rig!

Mark

nixdad, Sore Thumb, SWRnut and 2 others like this.
  3. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Nice gig. Definitely different from the next one.

I also love the Genz Benz rig. :cool:

nixdad, Sore Thumb and SWRnut like this.
  4. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

Yes! Nice gig. I also like your Genz rig. And I also like having someone out front running the sound. Thanks for the pics!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

nixdad, Sore Thumb and SWRnut like this.
  5. Thanks for sharing. A gig report that's a bit late is better than nothing at all. I had to laugh at your drummer texting. Ours is never far from his phone too. Glad to see that you rocked the place.