Gig Report - Interstate Exiles @ Wild Wing Cafe - Vista - July 5, 2019

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by SWRnut, Jul 8, 2019.

1. SWRnut

SWRnut Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Columbia, SC
    Hope that everyone had a great 4th of July. We took the day off but made up for it with back to back Wild Wing Café jobs on Friday and Saturday nights. These will be brief because I just plain didn't take photos of the setup or the food. I am available for beatings at any time.
    IMG_0725.jpg
    This one is in downtown Columbia, in an old warehouse area that is now restaurants, bars and high-end condos. This venue is part of a chain in Georgia, North and South Carolina, and as you know we play a few of them. Pretty nice setup. Just stage gear and a tab for the band's food.
    You know who sets up first.
    IMG_0722.jpg
    This is an odd shaped triangle stage, so we reverse who sets up on which side of the drums.
    IMG_0724.jpg

Cool marquee on one end of the stage advertising music.
    IMG_0721.jpg

Required bass rig photo. GB Streamliner and both Uber cabs. Tonight featuring Li'l Robot Guy, Sting , Kool Aid and Gene Simmons. IMG_0723.jpg

And last but not least, a real cool photo from a friend of the band who brought their whole family to the gig.
    WWC Vista.jpg

That wraps up that one, but Saturday night to follow.....
    Keep it low Bros !

McG, JimK, Bodeanly and 5 others like this.
  2. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi @SWRnut,

Please pencil me in for Thursday at 4pm. Do you prefer paddle, bat, tire iron, strap, whip, or wet noodle? ;)

Those are nice rooms. Thanks for sharing your amp menagerie.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    McG, Sore Thumb and SWRnut like this.
  3. That's a pretty cool looking stage. Even if it was odd shaped. Also cool that it's a place that kids could go to. I wish I could bring my kids to a few more shows. At least while they still don't mind hanging out with their parents. Around here, it's pretty much bars or pubs. I always get a kick out of your mascots. Thanks for sharing.

SWRnut, McG, JRA and 1 other person like this.
  4. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    Love it. Gordon would be proud...though his attorneys might demand residuals. ;)

SWRnut likes this.
  5. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

:rollno:

:laugh:

cool stage! cool atmosphere! i assume the gig was a good/great one and that you had a blast! thanks for sharing your gig experience! :thumbsup:

SWRnut likes this.
  6. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Great pics. Every Wild Wing gig you post looks fun!

SWRnut likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021