Gig Report - Rusty Spur at Valley Stream Summerfest '19 (Pictorial)

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by stringthrough, Aug 30, 2019.

1. stringthrough

stringthrough Supporting Member

Gig date: 8/29/2019

1) The audience gathering
    2) Stage set up
    3) My rig

69368939_10156273280712181_1201478210127134720_n.jpg

IMG_0608.JPG

IMG_0602.JPG

Performing.jpg

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  2. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    Looks like a fun and well laid out event.
    I am so glad to see I am not the only sound guy with numbers on the monitors. (I number the mikes too...)
    Always drives me crazy. There I am, 50 feet away from the stage crawling with people doing setup stuff, when I hear a voice in the headphones "I need more me in my monitor."
    Okayfine - who are you, where are you, and what's 'your' monitor. Work with me people...
    I've got 10 mikes and 5 monitors - I'm happy to turn the knob that will make your dream come true, if you'll meet me halfway and give me a clue which of the 15 knobs it is I need to turn...

3. Beersurgeon

Beersurgeon

Jul 16, 2010
    Denver
    That is a very cool stage and the night shot looks so awesome! Thanks for sharing your sweet gig report!

stringthrough likes this.
  4. stringthrough

The sound outfit is quite good. Run by a guy who also owns a recording studio and is himself a Grammy nominated producer. Guy knows his business.

5. stringthrough

Added a performing pic.

6. Bunk McNulty

Bunk McNulty It is not easy to do simple things correctly. Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    Classy venue! And there are seven of you! (I have a fantasy about having a 7 or 8 piece group, but most of the dives I play can barely deal with five...and they wouldn't pay enough anyway) PS: Valley Stream--I grew up on Lon Guyland. I'm so old I saw Billy Joel play with the Hassles and Leslie West with the Vagrants...

coilcbl_RT likes this.
  7. stringthrough

It's a double edge sword... We can't play smaller venues (not that we necessarily want to).

In case you're interested, here is was we sound like.

PCR and Bunk McNulty like this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021