GIG REPORT: Slayer, Hatebreed, Arch Enemy, Hemlock

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Sanctum, Oct 13, 2003.

1. This will be short, as I'm tired.

Hemlock: I arrived 1/2 way through their set. No real impression, an ok band, good stage prescence and obviously happy to be on this tour.

Arch Enemy: This is who I went to see - they really pull their stuff off great live, and Angela's voice is killer. Rickenbacher on stage - sound was great - only negative, they only played for 1/2 hour.

Hatebreed: I didn't like them at all. Proof that bass can be too loud. Boring, repetitive riffs, and due to the loud low end, it all sounded like mush. Thick mush. Not good.

Slayer: I've seen Slayer 20+ times - this set started out pretty normal, I was having fun, then they played Angel of Death - I'm like, ***, they always save this for an encore. After Tom said goodnight - only an hour? COME ON! Then the stage backdrop suddenly changed and they came back and played the entire rest of Reign in Blood - what a treat!
    Only negative was one of the tom drums was causing some feedback for awhile, but they fixed it.

I could acutally hear Araya's bass tonight - seems to me like they've kicked some midrange into it and added a bit of volume. Besides the drum problem, it was an excellent mix.

Ok thats all from St. Louis tonight, i'm out.
  2. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Nice man. Good report, short and sweet ;);).