1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gig report: Summer concert in Groton NY (Fender Rumble content)

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by alanloomis1980, Aug 9, 2019.

1. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Great gig report! Did more than a few truckbed gigs in my heydays. Not fun but was fun to be outside looking at large crowds! Your dual stack looks cool and I like that it brings the signal up to your ear level. I like the new vertical 2x10's and 2x8's coming out nowadays. Gives you a lot of speaker cover, modular, light, and of course bringing the sound up to ear level.

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

alanloomis1980, Sore Thumb and JRA like this.
  2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    nice kick mic placement :roflmao:

(that's what the hole in the front head is for)

3. outoftune

outoftune Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Glad you had a good gig. Always feels great walking away satisfied.
    I didn’t play but instead went to Italianfest and Grist Iron just over the hills from you for a few daytime cocktails. :)

alanloomis1980 likes this.
  4. xaosbass

xaosbass

Feb 15, 2008
    Effects send from one amp that your plugged into to effects receive on the other.

5. rocu

rocu

Jan 28, 2015
    Missoula, MT
    Thanks. Now I have to buy another Rumble 100.

nonohmic and alanloomis1980 like this.
  6. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup: 's up, OP! glad you took the thread advice! looks like a great rig setup!

7. Yup, like @xaosbass said. Amp 2 becomes a slave, all controlled by Amp 1.

xaosbass and nonohmic like this.
  8. Nice clean rig, great report, thanks for sharing.

A wobbly trailer? That just adds a new level of suspense.

Love my Rumble 500, no effects, bass to wireless to tuner to amp. And I have a subwoofer that blew the power supply that works awesome as an extension cab.

Rock on!

9. rocu

rocu

Jan 28, 2015
    Missoula, MT
    So the controls on amp 1 affect amp 2?

How do you set the controls on amp 2 to begin with?

10. Amp 1 sends signal post EQ. Amp 2 receives the signal just before the power amp, bypassing all controls. You could set all Amp 2’s knobs to 0 or 11, wont make a lick of difference. Pretty slick if you ask me. (Unless you want separate controls, then ABY box would be the way to get that.)

Fender Rumble Club

11. rocu

rocu

Jan 28, 2015
    Missoula, MT
    That is pretty slick. One of my disappointments with the 100 was that I couldn't add an extension cab, but I guess I can.
    Win!

12. It works with all the v3 Rumbles too. You could add a 40 or 200 if you want a little variety.

I keep a 100 at the rehearsal space and a 100 at home (which is enough to take to most of my gigs) and the 2x 100 is my “big guns” option. Works great for me