1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

GIG REPORT!!!!! The 1985 Double Header

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Thumpinshelton, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Hey fam! It has been a while since I have made a gig report and a big part of that is that I have just been way too busy with life. We have had a pretty steady start to the year, but I have just neglected to take the needed pics for a good report. However, last weekend I made it a point to capture something to hopefully spread some love and hope for all!!!! So......here we go!!!!!

One of our favorite local venues is approaching bookings a little different this year. They are asking their big draw bands to do both Friday and Saturdays on their weekends. So, each weekend we do we will have themes for each night. It was a blast as always and everyone had a good time...

All packed and ready to go.....such an easy setup for 2 nights of 80's craziness!!!!

tempImagepHB7hL.png

Got my rig ready to roll.....I also record all of our shows in Logic and I will be adding cameras very soon to be able to really ramp up some social media for the band and also personal VLOG fun! We are all direct to FOH and use IEM's so it is a really easy setup! (HINT: the theme to night one is right in this pic....haha!)

tempImageu1dMZg.png

Our drummer getting ready to eat....haha!

tempImageDQLWkJ.png

Crowd starting to roll in and the DJ getting them going.....

tempImages6UP8S.png

Night one was called POP Rocks Night....80's POP 1st set.......then 80's Rock the 2nd set! Here is a pop pic with some serious bass face.....

7C564D4C-EFD3-47ED-8513-C2D341F458DE.jpeg

2nd set Rock pic.....damn bas players always wanting make faces.....

5C350CBB-11D8-4C1B-A903-97DBC811257C.jpeg

Locking it in!!!

57272D82-6E6F-4101-88C5-A84AD472509E.jpeg

Our married duo/lead vocalists....and all around amazing folks to work with!

AF44774D-F78B-4D31-9C17-C3D66BA64AE2.jpeg

Just having fun!

40D22B67-06E2-4308-AB22-0CD880412374.jpeg

Break time......

AD1E5FEC-1089-4C0C-AC75-66EB3FCC7932.jpeg

I believe I am thinking about nachos and a beer at this moment......

BA05947D-A1FE-4CC9-9B32-797A6189EA32.jpeg

Did not get as many of night 2 as I wanted and have some on the way and will post more once I get them! The second night theme was a "Whiteout Party"

6DAA1D6C-203E-439D-87CF-B7886673771F.jpeg

This is one of the best pics of the night.....we all just love what we do and I absolutely love being on the stage!!!! We hope to get back to more of this as soon as possible, but right now we will take what we can get.

72821CA9-6635-4175-9E1D-354C95A73262.jpeg

Hopefully this can bring a smile and I am still trying to achieve legendary @BassCliff status with these gig reports.....One can dream right???????

Until next time.....Aquanet and 80's forever!!!!! #THE1985

Attached Files:

2. Jason Stock

Jason Stock

Aug 13, 2019
    Edmonton
    Thank you for sharing!

Thumpinshelton likes this.
  3. I love the look of this band! Top notch sir!

nixdad and Thumpinshelton like this.
  4. Looks like some excellent gigs, thanks for sharing.

No food shots, but I never remember those either :laugh:

JRA, nixdad and Thumpinshelton like this.
  5. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hey @Thumpinshelton!

That's a pretty fabulous weekend right there, yessireeee!! :D

That's some mighty fine bassface too! I'm glad to see folks out having fun and showing some common sense.

I haven't dressed in all white since the 70s. Good stuff!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

6. Bassed in NZ

Bassed in NZ ...in search of the impeccable groove...

Feb 22, 2008
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Awesome! Love the look and the fun you’re clearly having! Care to share your set lists? I wonder how much overlap we have (I also play in an 80s band in NZ)

7. Awesomeness fer sure.

8. Thanks man! Here are our set lists for both nights!

Attached Files:

Sore Thumb and JRA like this.
  9. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Giggage! NICE!

MrLenny1 and Thumpinshelton like this.
  10. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    2 nights means you only have to help set up the drums once! Well played.

11. Bassed in NZ

Bassed in NZ ...in search of the impeccable groove...

Feb 22, 2008
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Nice! Lots of overlap with our sets there - and a few extras we should consider! What’s in your medleys?

12. Thanks! Yea, I kind of figured that would be the case...haha! Some of the pop/dance tunes are right on the cusp of the 80s/90s and we also throw in a couple feel good tunes as well. The medleys are packed:

Mega Medley - Safety Dance, Jungle Love, Word Up, Sweet Dreams, Just Can't Get Enough, Devil Inside, Wild, Wild West (Escape Club), and 99 Luft Ballons (sung in German for a part because our singer has German/Serbian roots).

Metal Medley - Cum on feel the noise, We're not gonna take it, Round and Round, Still of The Night, Kickstart My Heart, and Paradise City

Club Medley - Gonna Make Yo Sweat, It Takes Two, Pump Up The Jam, I'm Too Sexy, and Good Vibrations

Sore Thumb, b/o 402 and Jimmy4string like this.
  13. OH OH! The Final countdown!
    I would lose it if i was a show and the band rocked that one!
    Great setlist , now i want to go to Nashville to see you guys!
    Any videos??

14. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

great look for the show, nice vibe to the sets! looks like a real party goin' on --- congrats on making that happen! and thanks for sharing you gig experience!:thumbsup:

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021