Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GIG spam Ann Arbor Michigan 3/6

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by RicPlaya, Feb 23, 2004.

1. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    We go on about 10:00 pm 3/6 Ann Arbor Michigan. The venue is called the Heidelberg. It's on Main Street next to the Blind Pig. My band is named Top Dead Center. Come watch us play and introduce yourselves. I'd very much like to meet some fellow TBers and get some feedback on my playing from someone besides my friends. We play about two sets then another band goes on so we get to chat and have some beers, come on down and hang out......Vinnie...aka RicPlaya

2. What kind of tunes do you play?

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I've played the Heidelberg and the Blind Pig. Back in the "old days". Ann Arbor is a fun town. I've got a gig that same night or I'd come down and say hello.
    Rock on with your bad self!

4. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    We play all kinds of Rock, covers and a couple originals. We will play 2 sets, unfortunatley we have been asked to play newer covers, but we have a really cool mix we are still keeping a couple of old school jams in there. Hope you guys can make it!

5. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    When you play towards my end of town (westside) let me know man I'll come check you guys out. You gig way me than me, you've been at it a lot longer I'd like to see some good bassin in Detroit for a change!

6. I'll be there if I'm not working or out of town for some reason. I presume you mean the Club Above the Heidelberg rather than the restaurant itself; I played a gig there once a while back...good times. I'll hope to be there...make sure you bump this thread up a day or two before the show; I'm a forgetful bastid :p

And speaking of good bassin' in Detroit, I haven't seen you play yet either, P. Aaron...ya never tell me about any of your gigs! What's the deal, yo? :D

7. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    That's the place, I'll fire you a PM to remind you. Show on up and watch us jam, when the second band goes on we'll have a cold one, or two, or....cool bro hope to see you there.

8. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    I have a gig that night also or else I'd make the trip down to check you out. Keep the gigspam coming, I've got to have a weekend off sometime that coincides with one or your gigs.

9. P. Aaron

You fellows are too kind. I can play Bass guitar, but some of the people here at TalkBass really know the instrument.

Most of you guys could play what I play. But, I'm learnin'.

But since you asked, March 6, at "The House of ShamRocks". Located on the East side of John R., North of 9 Mile Road, in the lovely City of Hazel Park, MI.

10. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Definately!

11. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI

12. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Is that across the street from the Fleetwood Diner?
    If so, I closed that place up a few times some years ago...
    Good luck with the gig!

Can you run a cassette? I'd love to hear one of your show!

Thor

13. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    It may be, it's on Main next to the Blind Pig if that helps. As far as recording the show we are getting a new mixing board soon with more auxillarys so we can plug in the CD burner and record live. I can't wait till we do that we have a great live vibe and tone, a real decent set up and a solid sound guy. Thanks Thor, thanks for the good wishes, I'll keep that in mind about a recording down the road.

14. P. Aaron

Naw, the Fleetwood is on the corner of Liberty and Ashley. The Heidelberg is on the West side of Main St. just North of Miller Rd., about 4 blocks apart they are.

15. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Reminder, the gig is 2 days away!!!! :hyper: :bassist:

16. Here's a bump for ya... As it turns out, I'm stuck on the east side throughout tomorrow and Sunday though, so I won't be able to make it :( Keep the gigspams coming though, I've gotta be able to make it out sometime... :oops: