Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gig-Spam: Austin, TX (this) Saturday, 9:30PM, Momo's

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by rockstarbassist, Oct 6, 2005.

1. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Co-headlining Momo's this weekend down at Momo's on 6th this Saturday night around 9:30-ish if anyone wants to come out.

Should be a good show!

2. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    We've got a gig or I'd come see ya. What's the name of your band? Oh, and enjoy the load-in. ;)

3. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    My band's Chasing Phoenix.

We pretty much "sold out" the place as the opening band a few weeks back, so they asked us to come back ASAP. Plus there was cover that night, so my friends got screwed and the bar banked.

Yeah, it's those stairs that remind me of reasons WHY I play Schroeders... ;)

The guy after us had this HUGE SVT/8x10 setup, and I can only imagine the hell it would've been to have something like that. I make 4 trips in all, with cab, rack, pedalboard/cable & accessory bag, 2 basses; but damn- that just hadta suck!

I'll try to keep this updated, but check out our website for concert updates:
    www.chasingphoenix.net
    and get me the name of your band and site and dates as well- i'll try to come out! prob is, i have a second band now, and if I'm not in Austin, I'm in Dallas for the weekend... Driving sucks.

4. Hookus

Hookus

Oct 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Hey man, places like Momo's drove me to buy a combo, then DI to the board. You guys really should see these stairs....

5. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX

No kidding. I don't think people who haven't been there would even understand IF you explained it to them!

My 1210 is small enough to make the trip, but my rack is too big... I need a small, high-powered amp...

6. Hookus

Hookus

Oct 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, like my buddy had to haul his drums up on a rope from the landing.

Think burned out haunted house stairs...

I got a Workingman's combo in addition to my big stuff, and just run DI out. This saves me from having to get a 4x10 cab in places like that.

Have a good show man!