Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gig Spam Detroit Mi..Saturday 6/5 Cancer fundraiser downtown!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by RicPlaya, Jun 3, 2004.

1. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    If anyone gets to the "Race for the Cure" in Detroit this Saturday, my band will be playing on Woodward Ave. infront of the Atlas resturant. We go on about 9:00 am...tell me about it! But if your down there supporting the cause to fight this terrible disease come say hi. My band is Top Dead Center and we are one of several bands, but we are one of the only rock bands so I hear. But I hope to see some of you TBer's down there if you live near the area come up and say hi....peace

2. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    RP, one of these days we'll finally meet each other. I would love to make that one but I'm playing the Jackson Blues Festival tomorrow and won't be able to make it. Keep the gigspam coming though and we'll find a time. Good Luck and have fun.

3. Nine AM?? :eek: Since when do musicians wake up that early??

I'll be in the wrong city at that time as well, but good luck. I'll catch your band one of these days!

4. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI

I'm bummed I wanted to goto that blues fest!

5. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    We play at 2:25 if you get done early enough. Would be cool if you could make it.

6. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Tell me about it! I get off work at midnight tonight, I have to hurry up get home and get drunk, get all my stuff ready to load up at 7:00 in the morning. It's a good cause, there will be thousands of people and will be our first outdoor event so I can't complain....... :bassist:

7. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Let me know next time you do a blues or jazz gig!

8. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    RicPlaya,

Keep posting your whens & wheres. I'll catch you somewhere along the line. Tomorrow doesn't work 'cause I've got two kids' baseball games & a church committee meeting.

Peace,

James

9. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Absolutley! Peace :bassist: