Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

gig spam miami friday march 19

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by john turner, Mar 5, 2004.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, we're going on the road, with a show in hollywood florida on friday march 19 at club m. i'll have a few of the ole' conklins there, including the doubleneck probably, so come out and check us out.

2. Pause

Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    Club M!

My drummer had a gig there a few years ago and the owner refused to play the band and assaulted the owner. I think the band was Space Hippie or Peach Pie. They had to sue him to get paid.

In that process, their case managed to get on People's Court (or that one with the young Hispanic judge). It's kinda funny...

Anyway, just make sure he pays

3. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    so, can i expect your attendance? :)

4. Pause

Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    Sorry. I'd love to hear those monstrous basses, but that weekend I will be up at FSU for a DB audition. That night while you're playing I'll probably be scared out of my mind for the audition

5. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    oh, well, good luck with it. any other miami folks?

6. I just moved to Florida recently and happen to live in Hollywood. I've been to Club M a couple of times. It's a tiny place, but on certain nights it can draw a good crowd. I gotta go to a dinner in Miami that night, but I'll try to stop by on my way back. Any idea around what time you'll be playing?

7. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    we were told by the club that the time would be about 10:30 - sounded like it might even be later, so it's going to be a late night i imagine. if we get any more specific info, i'll post it here.

8. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I just got John's band's CD Fear and Trembling and it's a rocking record. I'm sure they're going to be a bass intense experience. I'd go if I were nearby.

Hey John, when are you playing Hollywood, Ca?

9. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, will, thanks :) let me tell you, not soon enough. i'd love to play out there. :hyper:

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Well, when you do, make it a road trip, and stop in Dallas!:D I wish that I could see you guys play.

11. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, great! be sure to come up and say hi if you can make it :) :hyper:

12. I live about 10 minutes away from Club M. I will have to go check you out.

13. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Damn, Im in Miami for spring break but Im leaving on sunday.

Let me know if you are gonna be in Gainesville.

Peace
    Nick

14. John, if you get a chance be sure to get out to the beach and "boardwalk" (actually the old beach front road that has been shut down) in Hollywood. I played down there last year and we had a great time. Beautiful beach and loads of cafes and bars. Near the north end is a place called Angelo's Corner that has some of the best pizza I've ever tasted.

15. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    will do joe.

and you folks that may come down to hear us, definitely come up and introduce yourself, ok? :)

16. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    bump for those miami folks :hyper:

17. *Looks at map. Finds Rhode Island. Finds Florida. Measures distance with fingers. Looks at scale. Computes.*

Crap.

18. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    one more bump before we hit the road