Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gig tomorrow night-POS PA

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ben Clarke, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke Liquidating to fund a new business. Buy My Gear!

Jan 6, 2005
    Western NY
    Well, it's not something I thought I'd ever do again, but personnel issues in the band have dictated a lack of PA gear, so we're using our practice rig, just the Mackie 12"ers run from a mono PA head. SO, we're going to K.I.S.S., and just use it for vox and a bit of kick, plus the sax player who's sitting in, and of course harp (blues thang). We'll be running floor wedges from the same head, but I don't expect much. Should be interesting.

Anway, this will be the maiden voyage of the Fitzmaurice cabs. DR250a/Tuba24 (I may have posted once or twice about them, with some enthusiasm :rolleyes: ). Thing is, I'm only using the amp section of my Ampeg B15N, rated somewhere around 30-40W (2x 6L6GC, tube rectified). The Bassman 135 is still on the bench, which was meant to be the giggin rig.

So... the place is a biker clubhouse, holds 200-250 people in the room where we're playing. Ceilings are a middling height (used to be a bank) at 15 feet or so. I expect it to be a true test of high efficiency design. I'm optomistic, but I'm bringing my DI just in case.

A bit skeptical? Come out the the Chosen Few clubhouse in Depew, NY. We hit at 10. I'll pay the cover and get the first round. Hey, even if you're not skeptical, I'll buy you an Old Grandad...

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I can't wait to hear of the outcome, but I still feel pretty bad about trading the bassman, since it was dying on arrival for you, but working fine for me when I sent it. :meh: I hope it's out of the shop soon. It was my first tube amp, my baby. Got lonely though once I got the sunn.

3. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke Liquidating to fund a new business. Buy My Gear!

Jan 6, 2005
    Western NY
    Sean, as I said on the phone, these things happen. I bugged the tech on Thursday for some info, and he'll get back to me this week, he said.

So, not that anyone seems all that interested...

The rig worked out fine. I can't say it really broke a sweat. If I really dug in, I could get it to break up a little bit, though. Some folks in the crowd with ears that I trust said it held up well in the room, too.