Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gig tonight in KC-- come out and introduce yourself

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by justBrian, Feb 27, 2003.

1. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    I wasn't sure where to post this, but wanted to invite any KC area folk to my gig tonight. We're at Clancy's in Blue Springs, MO. We start about 9:30 and go until 12:30 or so. Should be a good show-- but then I'm a little biased :D. Plus they've got $2.50 Irish pints! WooHoo!
    Hope to see some of you there.

2. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    Shameless bump. :D

3. It's too bad I'm in Columbia at school. :( I'm actually from Blue Springs, and I'm always up for meeting a local TBer if given the chance.

4. To far for me to go, but good luck tonight have fun and rock the house down

Matthew

5. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    no idea why this is in basses.......

I'd go if I lived maybe a half a country inland.......I'm always a half a country away :(

6. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    Me neither-- just wanted people to see it. I always check in here first. :D

7. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    Maybe next time-- be cool to meet you. We're playing in Gladstone next weekend, then back at the Lucky Brewgrille in Overland Park the following Friday. If you're in town, hit me here and I'll give you directions. :cool:

8. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    hey, were at in Happy Rock? that is my neck of the woods (just off Englewood) Let me know the whens and wheres of it!

P@

9. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    So the show went pretty well. In fact, we played 3 sets, packed the house, got a $50 bonus, possibly got a regular gig at the place, scored another gig at another place in town (I went to this other place with a demo and told the booking guy to come see our show last night. He showed for the second set, loved us and penciled us in for a gig on the 22nd of Mar. He also want me to come by and discuss drink specials for that nigh to maximize the crowd-- cool eh?). Plus, one of my former students was there with a guy from the local paper. He is the editor of their monthly entertainment newsmag. They want to do a story on us for their April issue. How kickass is that?

10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    these kinds of posts are affectionately known as gigspam. they usually end up in miscellaneous, although they've also been seen in bass humour and gig stories.

i'll move this off to misc poste haste, and good luck with your gig. :)

11. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    Cool, man. I just wasn't sure where to post it. Thanks for the tip! :D