1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gig with cool light effects

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Skepp, May 3, 2006.

1. Skepp

Skepp

Apr 6, 2006
    May band was in the middle of a small gig, and my drumers cymbal falls of the "drumstage" and cuts my powercabel to the amp.
    I remeber that i saw a spark, and i thought cool light effects. After i while everybody stops playin' except me, so i'm standing there without sound and keeps rockin' in my own world :p

Maybe not so funny. But it was very fun at the moment

Sorry for bad Eng:meh:

2. Sounds cool, at my last gig we had a projector playing cool visualizations overtop of us and little police cherry flashers behind the drummer and a smoke machine.

When we were soundchecking my guitarist turned on the power bar and *poof* smoke came out right by his amp, he thought his amp was busted :crying: , but it sounded fine.
    lol it was just the smoke machine plugged into the same power bar.

3. Skepp

Skepp

Apr 6, 2006
    Hahaha :p

4. bassbully43

bassbully43

Jul 1, 2005
    We did a show the pics are on our myspace site where the stage was as big as a hubcap and we are a big band big drum set 2 guitars singer and me bass...i had to play like Bill Wyman with my headstock up all night so i wouldnt smack our singer in the back of the head(i did on the last song thou:smug: ) Anyhow the band we opened for had 6000watts of lighting set up that felt like playing under stadium lights on a football field....i turned my head all night and was blind and swore i had a light burn by the end of the gig.On the opening song they had the lights pulsing and they turned my Pau ferro fretboard weird purple and green colors like it was an acid machine in the 60's i started to freak out but got control and got used to it but it was funny and kinda cool.