Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gig with people I don't even know and stuff....

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by JWC, Apr 19, 2001.

1. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Last night was open mic night at the local rock bar. Well, apparantly a huge crowd came in thinking a band was going to be playing. Well me and my guitarist, his guitarist friend, and this other guitarist (already 3 too many guitarists at this point for my taste) and some dude from out of nowhere on drums. Our singer joined in too, because we were the only musicians in the house at the time and the crowd wanted their tunes. So, I introduced as Flickerstick, and then we all looked at each other with that face...."what the hell are we going to play). So, after a 10 minute version on The Joker, a 20 minute version of Red House, and a Rolling Stones tune, we had us some fans. And I didn't even catch some of my bandmate's names. It was fun though.

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    That is just so incredibly cool! :D

3. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    shut your sarcastic trap. and by the way, if i had a face like yours, i wouldnt have it so it appeared every time you post.

4. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    HEY! You're paranoid! And you have a bad attitude as well (but we all knew that already, didn't we?). See, I wasn't sarcastic at all! I would absolutely love it if such a thing ever happened to me!

Really, what do you want me to say?

Calm down, for heaven's sake! And I have already e-mailed a new avatar to Paul (before reading your insult), not that I see why you should care. I'll bet you find something rude to say about that as well.

5. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    Had a cool gig a few years ago. A band I'd never heard off was being shipped in but the bass player had missed the boat - I was phoned 2 hours before to ask would I do it... Met the group - they gave me some keys, but no dots and it was all their own stuff.... 2 hours of rockabilly and R+B later I got my pay increased and asked to sit in the next night...

Hard work, but so much fun :) one of my best gigs ever !

6. Flickerstick is the name of one the bands on VH1's show where the bands compete for success (i dont recall the name of it). Any relation?

7. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Whoa, can you feel the love in THIS room? JWC take it easy, dude.

I love those open-mike things -- never know WHAT'S going to happen.

I think I'm gonna do one tomorrow night.

8. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    I am going to open mic again tonight. Only bad thing about open mic is the fact that all the guitarists come out and want to have "NIGHT OF THE GUITAR GODS". They just look at me and say, "follow me". They won't dare follow me when I ask them. jerks.

vasilio likes this.
  9. yeeesh JWC needs to calm....incense dude!! haha mmmmm..incense......

10. BassistJ

BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    "shut your sarcastic trap. and by the way, if i had a face like yours, i wouldnt have it so it appeared every time you post."

Yo, JWC,sit back and enjoy. You earned this.

Wanker.