gigbag for 2 basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by judas jedermann, Jan 2, 2003.

1. I`m planning to buy a Warwick rockbag (rb 20611) so I could easily take 2 basses with me. I usually use subway, train or tram - I don`t have a car - so cases are bit difficult.
    But is gigbag for two basses safe? Any experiences?

Happy new year folks!
  2. I have an 'UnderCover' double gig bag that I haul my two Laklands to gigs with... works great.
  3. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    i need a decent gig bag for the MTD i just bought. anybody ?
  4. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    I have one aswell... I Got mine from uhmm... Dare I say his name:eek: ..... IT was GARD!!!! Its a great Gigbag.. very well padded.. I don't use my hardcases anymore.. I recommend undercover gigbags

[EDIT] Gard by the way works at bass central.. you don't have to exclusively buy from Gard.. but I am sure he appreciates it
  5. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    pardon my ignorance but is "under cover" the brand name ?
  6. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    I have a Fender dbl gig bag. It works great for my non-Fender type basses;)
  7. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    yes. undercover is the name..
  8. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I have a couple of double gig bags from Reunion blues they are perfect and very sturdy but sometimes a little heavy.I also have a double gig bag made by a co.called The Real Bag its sturdy as well but not as heavy.when looking for a double gig bag make sure you pay attention to the quality of it's stiching and its thickness(if it's to thin you will be setting yourself up for disaster)and make sure it has a separate inside cover for the basses to keep them from scrathing eachother.
  10. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i have a fender double gig bag, that i would never put my warwick n/t thumb 6 and usa curbow rockwood in...i would never be able to carry it anywhere, and if i tried, i'm sure i would bust the seams. definitely suited for lighter basses. i use mine for my pair of ibanez eda's. i didn't know that there was a warwick rockbag double gig bag. i'll have to check that out.
  11. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Really??? Mine seems sturdy enough. But on the other hand I can toataly see using something more for the more expensive stuff. Hows that thumb 6 play? I've only tried one and loved it. I was out of my price range at the time tho:mad:
  12. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    the thumb is AWESOME. i got it used for just over 1500 bucks. i'm tellin' ya. go used. this thing is in mint condition and sounds great. i have to play it in passive mode most of the time because the output is just too hot. the only reason i wouldn't put those two basses in a bag is because they would just be too heavy. the curbow is heavier (by a half pound) than the thumb.
  13. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Yea the thumb I tried had a killer tone and just ...felt right in my hands. Too bad I had to let that one pass. I havent found another one since:mad:
  14. stroy05

stroy05 Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Fodera Basses, Noble Amps, Aguilar Amps, JHAudio Inears
  15. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

Undercover gigbags are great. I have a double bag which I use all the time. I never use a hard case. Go to They have them.

16. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    bass central has the best prices on teh undercover bags that i've found. ritter gig bags are really cool too. they don't have two seperate compartments, which is the most desirable setup, but has an insert that you put in between the basses. and they look tres neato/el-coolio
  17. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    Anyone have contact info for Undercover? I might like to sell them to my bass (base? : ) customers.
    PM me if you do.
  18. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I've got a Ritter Superpak coming, I hear they're the scat!
  19. IMO gig bags are fine for going to your practice space, but i'd never use one to take on a gig. mainly because the band piles all the amps and instruments and sometimes drums into a car. just doesn't seem safe. of course, i play a semi-hollow, i might feel differently if i used a p-bass.
  20. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I haul all of my basses, and I am the only one who carries them.

If they were getting thrown in with everything else, or if there was a danger that someone else would carry them, I would use a hardcase.