Gigbag for a short scale

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Anyone know where can I find a cheap one? Like $15 to $20? Guitar bags are too short.

2. msb

msb

Jul 3, 2002
    Halifax,N,S. Canada
    I have a couple of long scale gig bags . Lots of extra room but the shortscales fit ...

No need to buy another gig bag unless you just have one and need to bring two .

3. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    was leaning in that direction. the gator bag looks cool, but if I buy one I want it to be gigbag shaped, and cheaper. :) I had a rectangular gigbag once and remember not liking it, for reasons I don't however remember.

4. anonymous122511

anonymous122511 Guest

Dec 28, 2010
    I looked hard for one for my 30" scale 4 in line headstock Landing and ended up using a regular scale Mooradian bag I already owned. Pro Tec used to make one for med scale instruments I think was in the $40 range. Dunno if they still do. I owned one once but couldn't find one when I looked recently.

5. boynamedsuse

boynamedsuse Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2010
  6. It doesn't seem like a bigger (long scale) gig bag is a problem. It's not like a poorly matched hardshell case that allows the instrument to flop around.

7. Right on -
    I bought 2 when I purchased mine so I met a minimum for free shipping on mine too, but yours is a better link if your just getting one. These really are surprisingly nice and very durable bags for the money. I use a few of their full scale bags too.

8. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Thanks guys. I'm going to see what it's like carrying this (my new danelectro) in my regular gigbag. If it's no big deal I decided I'm going to stick with that as this bass is not going to be getting all that much action. If I decide to go for a bag, looks like the world tour one will be the one.

9. DaBassman

DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    Try Rondo Music

10. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Update. Regular gigbag works fine. :)

11. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    FWIW the 97' Squier Visa Musicmaster I just bought came with a case when it was sold new in 97' and it was a regular Fender gigbag.

12. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Hmmm.... I bought a pink (salmon?) colored one of those for my wife back then, and it came with a smaller gigbag. You may have not gotten the original gigbag. Don't really matter anyhow.

13. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Huh..dont say. Hey, just wondering, what did they go for new back then. They are allot of fun and a really well built bass..I love it.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021