Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gigbag for Aguilar AG500?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pablomigraine, Sep 19, 2005.

1. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    Anybody ever found a soft bag (gizmo bag / Rok Sak style) that will fit an Aguilar AG500 nice and snug?

Aguilar makes thier own Rack bags which are very good, but I need a bag more akin to like the Markbass or Ampeg Portabass soft bags wich offer alot of protection and padding, but from which the amp itself is easily removeable. Preferrably something with xtra storage for cables and such.

The AG500 measures 17" W X 3.5" H X 10" D
    it does not fit either of the cases mentioned above.

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Well I ordered a Gator for mine and it's supposed to be on my doorstep when I get home, so I'll let you know how it works out this eve. I've had a couple of Gators (and other racks and rack bags) in the past and I personally think they make some of the best rack bags out there. Yes it has a nice storage pocket, is well padded, it tough and has nice zippers and zipper pulls, etc. It's a fairly shallow bag, but I know it will fit because my old head that was also in a Gator Bag was 15.5" deep and just barely fit (I mean JUST barely) and the AG500 is only 10" deep. The Gator bag must be about 16" deep tops. So you will have a few inches to spare. Again, I'll let you know for sure tonight and I'll try to snap some pics to post, but I'm more than sure it will be fine.

3. Mooradian (they have a website) makes custom bags. I have one for my WW, and had one made for my iAmp800 a while back... very high quality... not a ton of padding, but enough to protect, and a large pocket for cables and cords. Call them and give them the measurements and two weeks later you will have the bag. They are not cheap, but the fit and finish is great on them.

4. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner at Mo's Shop - Tech at Nordstrand Supporting Member

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Endorsing artist: Nordstrand - Genzler Amplification - Sadowsky - Dunlops Strings - DR Strings
  5. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    The Gizmo bags were my first choice!! However, thier sizing guide only lists compatibility for about 600 items, all of which are no longer in production or extremely obscure.

Real question is: hows the fit? Remember the Aggie has those little half-inch rubber feet on it.....will it be snuggly in the gizmo?

6. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner at Mo's Shop - Tech at Nordstrand Supporting Member

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Endorsing artist: Nordstrand - Genzler Amplification - Sadowsky - Dunlops Strings - DR Strings
    I don't understand what you mean!

I just got another bag like that few weeks ago, for a friend of mine that own a Aggie500...
    The downsize, you have to wait three weeks to get it.

Mo'

7. Aguilar/Dave B.

Aguilar/Dave B. Aguilar Amplification Commercial User

Nov 8, 2003
    New York City
    President: Aguilar Amplification
    Hi,

We have nice, snug fitting bag available for the AG 500(SC)
    for $68.99 (retail). You can order one from your dealer.

I'm not encouraging you to buy one! But since the discussion is about us not having this item, I thought it might be relevent.

Dave

8. Quadzilla

I really think that you should rack your head vs pulling it in and out of a bag. It will be safer and show less cosmetic wear on the head as well. If the head falls off of your cab, I'd rather have it in a rack bag than without, that's for sure!

9. Can somebody link me to the bag Dave is talking about in his post? I would love to get one I think... if I could see it.

10. Quadzilla

Not taking ANYTHING away from the Aguilar bag, I just got home and the Gator was waiting for me. Fits the AG500 like a glove. Again, well padded, large pocket (even 4 velcro straps aligned in the pocket for holding a spare speaker cable tucked away neatly), heavy duty zippers with nylon zipper pulls, padded handles and a WELL padded adjustable shoulder strap with metal hooks that have spring loaded ends. Truly a killer rack bag! I'll snap some pics and post em later.

11. My AG500 is racked in the Aggie 3U rack bag. It's nice. I like it.

12. Quadzilla

Pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    That Gator looks great. Can the inner case be removed from the bag? I remember seeing som rack bag that could do that but was it the Gator?

14. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    That was the odyssey rack bag.

15. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Ah, thanks.

16. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
  17. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i just got the CB500 bag from aguilar, but unfortunately, it doesnt fit my TFB. too tight. :(

18. Quadzilla

I also have the CB500 bag (in addition to the Gator). Funny thing is, I never have used it for my AG500 (which has been racked since day one). I use it for my AMP BH-420. The AMP just barely (and I mean barely) fits in the CB500 bag. It's a nice bag with a medium pocket. It's top loading with carry handles and a strap as well. Well padded and heavy duty. If you prefer not to rack your AG500, the CB is the way to go...

19. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Cool! I just ordered an AG500 SC with the CB500 from MF. Should be here in a couple of days. I plan to use it as a back-up/alternate to my Mesa M-Pulse 600. The Mesa is racked, so the Aggie will be the lightweight, grab and go kinda thing.