Gigs... good ones, bad ones... write experiences

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by David-Adler, May 29, 2001.

1. David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    Hey everybody,

recently had my first two gigs, and everything was good (at the second one).

We were playing the first time at some place somewhere far away from the city. It was really f*cking. Like about 20 People in there. But it was fun.

The second one was great. We played at a local band contest, and it was really okay. I still remember when our intro tape ran and I started to realize that it was real. So I walked on the stage. And down their - all my friends + my girlfriend. Going Nuts. Jelling our names, dancing and having a lot of a hell fun. After the gig - with about 300 totally amazed people in the audience, we got of - and knew we had been the best. But the judges didn´t f*ckin vote for us. That was what really f*cked me.
    But hey, it was great.

But these were just two. Write some stories down here if you want.
    Especially on one question. What do you usually wear when playing ?

Thanks !

2. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    what do we wear ?? hehe well, me personally, i've become notorious for doing my Flea-tribute and coming onstage with my manhood flailing wildly for all to behold :D
    usually tho (since it'd frightfully cold in Melbourne), i just rock the baggy jeans, the hoody, the beanie, and me padlock-onna-dogchain :) basically, what i wear every day ... i can't imagine many people dress up fancy for a gig, unless it's a formal setting (although our band doesn't get m(any) of those :p)