Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gigs in Hawaii

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by permagrin, Aug 23, 2005.

1. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    I'll be vacationing on Oahu Sept 16-24. Any shows I should check out? Anybody have any gigs?

2. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    There are no bands in Hawaii, hehe. OK, there are...but I reallly miss seeing shows like I used to in CA - hopefully Oahu has better luck. All I know is there's never a shortage of reggae or jawaiian stuff. I just checked Jambase and Sound Tribe Sector 9 is coming to the islands the first week in October!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But of course they're not stopping here :( I haven't seen those guys in years, might have to fly over for that one. Leo Kottke is also going to be in Honolulu the fist week in October - me thinks there will be a Mike Gordon sighting also.

If you were coming here I'd invite you to come jam at our little studio...

3. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    No island hopping this time out, my wife has relatives all over Oahu and we'll be spending the whole time there.

Related question to y'all: any suggestions for live music venues I should check out? MIA (Mahalo in advance).

Muzique: "I reallly miss seeing shows like I used to in CA...of course they're not stopping here..."

Price you pay for living in paradise I suppose!