1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gigspam: Have any of you guys ever heard of Exodus?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bogster, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Bogster

Bogster

Oct 13, 2002
    Orange Park, FL
    And more specficially live in the NE florida/southeast GA area? Because my band, New Day, is opening for them on May 21st at Jackrabbits in San Marco, in Jacksonville, Florida. :hyper:

We found this out yesterday and I am completely stoked. So, yeah, anyone who can make it should come on out. Door is $15 for us, Warbringer, Exodus and another local band TBA.

Thanks for your time!

-Bryan

www.newdaymetal.com
    www.myspace.com/newdaymetal

2. Unless I am mistaken it was Kirk Hammet's band before Metallica. So close to being a big thrash band back in the day but they just couldn't follow up their stunning debut with anything decent. They just played in my city Sunday night with Kreator (Germany) and a couple of other bands.

Now what were you saying? ;)

Congrats! Rock on!

3. Bogster

Bogster

Oct 13, 2002
    Orange Park, FL
    :D

Thanks, man! :)

And really? You didn't like anything beyond Bonded by Blood? Man, I like just about everything else they did better than Bonded. LOL! But I think that's mostly due to Paul Baloff's vocals. Wow. He was like nails on a chalkboard. :eek: ;)

They re-did Bonded with their new singer and it actually came out pretty well.

Oh, and yeah, they were apparently touring recently with Kreator and/or Overkill. If we'd gotten the chance to open for them with one (or both!) of those bands I'd be even more stoked!

4. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    ah the momries. haven't listed to them in 20 years.

5. Bogster

Bogster

Oct 13, 2002
    Orange Park, FL
    It was a great show, btw. Took some pics but my camera screwed up and I lost a LOT of them. Hope to have some up soon on my band's website and myspace.

I got to rap with Exodus' bassist, Jack Gibson about gear. He makes his living with Yammies pretty exclusively. Loves the sound and the fact that they're pretty inexpensive. Nice dude all-around.

I will post a pic or two here later if anyone's interested...