1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GIGSPAM - It's great to play with a BIG band...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassyBill, Nov 15, 2006.

1. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Some of you may have had a look at the video on our band’s website (link in sig). Well, I’m stoked now because we’ve just got a gig with the very much expanded version of the band’s line-up for next month. Here’s the text of an email I just sent out to friends and family…

This invitation is cordially extended to include any Midlands TBers who could make it on the night. Come along and say Hi and sample the beer!

2. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    God damn Bill. Missed the last one, with promise of free beer, due to you playing in a club which they wouldnt let me into...and now you're playing on the same night ive got a gig.

Will get out to see you one day mate. Im at Brum Uni too so its easy for me to get around the city.

Have a good one.

Matt

3. BassyBill

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    That's life! I'm sure we'll get to meet up at some stage.

You studying music at Brum?

4. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    No, music is just a hobby for me. Im reading Geology and Geography. Spent all day Tuesday at the Wrekin near Telford looking at rocks.

Is it strange that im becoming more excited by rocks?

Matt

5. BassyBill

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Not strange to me, I developed a real interest in various aspects of Earth Science when I had to start teaching it.

Anyway, rehearsed for this gig yesterday, went pretty well. I used my Markbass 210 combo for my onstage sound and it coped well, despite the fact that this band is LOUD. I think I might actually take a 115 extension cab for the gig, though, to fill out the low end a little more - it will be the first time I've tried this, or felt the need to try it for that matter.

FOH sound is through a pretty major PA with some very impressive subs, so shouldn't be any problem being heard out front on the night if I remember to buy the sound guy a drink before the show. ;)

Anybody out there local enough to make the show, come down and say hello!

6. AdlerAugen

AdlerAugen

Aug 9, 2006
    As long as they can't excite you more than girls can.

7. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    Well...

Nah!!!

8. BassyBill

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Reminder to Brummies and Black Country folks - this is TONIGHT. Woohoo!!